Senior Restaurant Technology EngineerApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 5,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
The Senior Restaurant - Technology Engineer will be a key member of the Retail Tech department responsible for helping to define the future-state strategy for the technology across our fleet of stores, as well as the development, implementation and successful go-live of key applications. Experience in the fast-casual restaurant industry is critical as we will be actively working on designing our stores of the future, enabling the strategy of the business and ensuring optimal performance & stability of our restaurant technology systems.
At Sweetgreen we also believe in an in-person authentic experience, so this role will be expected to be physically based out of our Culver City, CA office a minimum of 3 days per week
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the strategy, research, design & selection for new capabilities, applications & hardware in the quick service restaurant & retail industry to help develop a roadmap for our fleet of stores as well as any new revenue streams / strategies defined by our business functions (e.g. Sweegreen’s robotic ‘infinite kitchen’)
- Continuously thinking of ways to improve the performance, stability, security and customer / employee experience of the technology in our stores
- Developing, testing, patching & releasing features, enhancements and fixes to the software & hardware deployed across our fleet
- Participate in the development, use & maintenance of ‘gold’ system images & configurations used to standardize technology in our restaurants
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining integrations between applications critical to the proper functioning of the hardware & software in our stores
- Work closely with our Software Engineering & Security Operations teams to tackle large x-team initiatives, improving the overall performance of Sweetgreen’s technology footprint
- Develop & maintain high quality documentation and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for our restaurant technology
- Act as a technical escalation for our Tier 1 & 2 support teams for items that require Retail Tech subject matter expertise (SME)
- Develop relationships and work closely with other teams and partners, that include: our business stakeholders, restaurant team members, external vendor partners, and 3rd party consultants and managed service providers - in the context of the restaurant technology domain
- Minimum of 5 years of restaurant and/or retail technology / systems experience
- Experience in any of the following systems (non-exhaustive list): PAR / Brink POS, Stripe, OLO, Gravy, Level-Up, LogMeIn, Datadog, OpsGenie, JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow, Oracle, Workato, AWS and other similar applications)
- Certifications in RESTful API framework or equivalent API capabilities & experience
- An understanding of restaurant operations and management of hourly employees (e.g., field management, training, and/or leadership in a fast-casual or full-service restaurant)
- An innovator, energized by leveraging new tech with the ability to apply it to real-life restaurant operations
- A team player, able to work, empathize and energize others, as well as working with both junior and senior partners across various teams and organizations
- Ability to understand & contribute to complex strategies, and interpret those strategies into actions
- A strong communicator, skilled in clearly contextualizing changes to functional or company strategy and roadmaps, inspiring a team to deliver high-impact work amidst shifting priorities
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.