Senior IT TechnicianApply Now
About The Job
The Senior Technician will be the first point of contact for Service Desk incident escalation and problem management within sweetgreen’s fleet of restaurants, on-premise equipment and back-office infrastructure that supports the stores. Primarily working out of the New York Support Center (NY SGSC) the role will require supporting Head Coaches (aka Store General Managers), other IT Service Desk team members, physically visiting stores for incident response and/or preventative maintenance, and escalating to teams outside of the IT Service Desk e.g. our Sweetgreen Software Engineering team or external vendor partners.
A successful candidate will be a Service Desk professional, with experience working on IT related incidents in a retail and or restaurant environment. Familiarity with technology equipment, infrastructure & assets, and the ability to work collaboratively with restaurant management, and off-shore Tier 0 team and other corporate IT team members.
- Incident Response and Escalation to IT Service/Security Management (ITSM): The Service Desk is responsible for ‘catching, triaging, resolving or dispatching / routing technology incidents that are typically raised via (Zendesk) tickets, but may also come in the form of emails or escalations from monitors in the field / on equipment. This role should be prepared to do the following:
- Help monitor incidents & requests related to IT matters
- Support the Tier 0 & 1 teams, and act as a point escalation when issues need to be raised with a senior / more technical member of the team
- Monitor and respond proactively to alerts raised by telemetry from our field & deployed assets
- Work with external vendors to help support deployed equipment / services in our restaurants
- Participate with scheduled on-call activities (set to a rotation across the team)
- Performing activities within specified SLA (service level agreements)
- Site visits: Part of this role is to visit stores to conduct repairs, support and preventative maintenance activities on technology equipment. This role will mostly focus on East Coast stores, and work collaboratively with the other portion of the team based in LA. Nationwide travel may be required as well in support for the fleet of stores.
- Mentoring Associate and IT Technicians: The Sr. Technicians should have a broad technical knowledge and understanding of sweetgreen’s corporate and retail systems and are responsible for developing the knowledge of Associate and IT Technicians via the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and a Knowledge Base (KB).
- Create opportunities for Associate and IT Technicians to shadow more senior technicians when responding to incidents outside of the more junior technicians’ scope of knowledge.
- Manage these opportunities to pass on understanding and give exposure to the technical skills required to resolve incidents as well as the soft skills required to manage expectations.
- Provide feedback to the ITSM on the training and development needs of more junior technicians as part of the performance development process.
- User Account Creation and Management and User Permission Management: The task of provisioning and deprovisioning user accounts on enterprise applications will be shared across the Service Desk.
- Responsible for ensuring the day-to-day account provisioning/deprovisioning needs are met and adhere to sweetgreen’s “approval requirements”.
- Understand and evaluate appropriate group membership requirements and ensure that the different rights of each member adhere to their specific job rule, with the guidance of business/system owners.
- Documentation: Documentation is one of the most important elements of the Sr. IT Technician role. Effective documentation of processes and systems will ensure there is a knowledge base available to share within the Service Desk.Regularly document common tasks and processes effectively in the form of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and/or create knowledge base documents (KB’s) to support the development of Associate and IT Technicians.Work alongside the ITSM to make sure there is clear communication of new SOP’s and KBs.
- Vendor Management Support: sweetgreen retail stores operate across the United States, responsibility to work collaboratively with our vendor partners to ensure store operations are stable is a top priority for this role
- Good technical working knowledge of networks, security, and customer service best practices
- Certifications or working knowledge equivalent to:
- A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+
- Experience supporting corporate IT systems including, but not limited to:
- Zendesk / ServiceNow
- OKTA / Azure Active Directory
- Google Suite
- Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, OpsGenie)
- Experience in scripting & automations is a plus; e.g Workato
- Experience in desktop support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience of software installation and configuration.
- Experience in working in a corporate and retail environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and people-handling skills at all levels.
- Experience performing diagnostic and root cause analysis.
- Aptitude for problem solving.
- Service oriented.
To be clear, you won’t be doing this alone—you’ll have the full bearing of the treehouse and associated resources behind you to ensure that every restaurant is postured and ready to support all our guests across every channel they may reach us with. This isn’t a job for firefighters or people who thrive on heroics or herculean efforts—this is a role for people who work best in steady-state conditions who know how to fight the occasional fire when it becomes necessary and will put protections in place to ensure the fire doesn’t occur again. You can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competence in this job. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to challenges with you, and grow together.
We’re looking for someone who’s familiar with the breadth and depth of the work, but nobody hits the ground running. You won’t be able to answer every question immediately or know how all the systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. If you’re passionate about leading and developing people, that’s a great place to start.
We’re committed generalists, eager learners, conscientious workers, and curators of what’s essential. We’re quick to trust. We see things through. We’re kind to each other, look up to each other, and support each other. We reach for responsibility and hold ourselves accountable. We show up for work and for each other.
We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. And understand the value in others being heard. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each other’s experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to be counted on. We’re building our systems, our teams, and our company for the long haul, with a strong eye to other teams’ effectiveness & happiness, from design to support and operations. A healthy, resilient system starts with healthy, resilient people.
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.