Associate Field TechnicianApply Now
Sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we're committed to leaving people better than we found them. We're in the business of feeding people, and we're out to change what that means.
Here at sweetgreen’s Automation Team we’re working to integrate our meal assembly automation - the Infinite Kitchen - into new restaurants. Our goals are to improve the daily routines and workflows for our restaurant staff and enable great customer experiences.
We are looking for an Associate Field Technician to help deploy and support our automation equipment in new and existing markets across the country.
Did you just graduate with a technical degree, or have a technical background in repair/general maintenance, HVAC, refrigeration, or auto repair, and are looking for your next exciting opportunity? Alternatively, do you have restaurant/back of the house experience and the idea of working on automated kitchen equipment is fascinating to you?
This is an ideal role for someone looking to grow their skills working on cutting edge restaurant technology while being supported by a great company culture and team, and a great opportunity for those who are eager to explore the country beyond the greater Boston area. Ready to join us?
This is a full time hourly role, with an up to 75% travel time expectancy. Travel expenses and travel time are fully compensated with the opportunity to earn overtime. Great benefits including health insurance (with dental and vision), mileage reimbursement, 401k plan, and free meals!
When on site in our restaurants, hours vary but will likely be 5:00 am - 1:00 pm on weekdays, with some on-call work at varying hours including weekends. All applicants must be available and eligible for different forms of travel within the United States (plane, train, bus, taxi/rideshare apps). A valid driver’s license is also required and owning a car is preferred for travel within New England.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy our automation equipment, the Infinite Kitchen in new and existing sweetgreen restaurants across the US.
- Service and maintain our Infinite Kitchens after installation.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise, solving or reporting them to the technician in charge.
- Efficiently communicate with restaurant managers and staff about equipment related issues and report to the supervisor in charge.
- Flexible schedule to work around restaurant operating hours and deal with issues as they arise. This will include on-call availability during holidays and weekends.
- Flexibility to perform other SG automation technician tasks when not traveling. This may include but not limited to:
- Refurbishing and repairing parts coming from the restaurants
- Helping keep inventory of spare and production parts
- Assembly of prototypes or restaurant robot modules
- Lab and office housekeeping
- Assist with integration testing in preparation for openings under the guidance of Senior Technicians or Ops. team
Who you are:
- Strong mechanical aptitude, familiarity with tools and building projects.
- Nice to haves, but not required: trade experience like HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, construction, mechanic, bike shop, etc
- Excited about growing your technical skills in a new and fast growing industry.
- Good with your hands, interested in mechanical assemblies and how things work.
- Willingness to learn and train on the job.
- Works well in small teams and with people from different backgrounds, ability to leave a positive impact on working culture.
- Neat and organized on the specific worksite.
- Flexible to last minute plan changes if restaurant issues arise.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Available for travel 75% of the time.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
Sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 5500+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.