IT Helpdesk ManagerApply Now
Sweetgreen needs a Technology Operations Manager to drive and coordinate our efforts to keep our enterprise (digital restaurant, corporate and supply chain) systems safe, reliable, fast and responsive to the needs of our guests as we continue to build the future of food.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising IT technicians (both Sweetgreen employees and a managed service delivery partner), system administrators and project managers in supporting the day-to-day operations of the service desk, enterprise application, hardware and network systems. You’ll be supervising the Tech Services team including scheduling, staffing, indicator collection and communications.
You should expect to focus on the development and communication of scope, policies and procedures for the Tech Services with about half of your time spent rolling your sleeves up to help the team accomplish tasks and requirements as needed. Within the first six months of coming onboard, you will take on the following challenges:
- Stand up and manage the company’s configuration control board (CCB), ensuring that all affected parties are made aware of and acknowledge the impact and timing of hardware and software upgrades
- Develop and implement hardware and software base configurations; ensure they are accessible, up to date and auditable
- Develop and implement a schedule for continuous patch management and device support
- Drive prioritization and completion of enterprise systems integration into our SSO solution
- Facilitate workflows between our L0/L1 technical support managed service, Tech Services and other business unit subject matter experts.
- Create mechanisms for continuous, automated trend identification and analysis and communicate the outcomes to key stakeholders through quarterly business reviews
- Curate and maintain relationships with vendors and key stakeholders
- Introduce standards and guidance for documentation, knowledge transfer and end user training. Including, but not limited to, overseeing the creation of KBs and SOPs and providing mentoring opportunities for Sr. Technicians.
To enable your own success in these endeavors, you should possess some or all of the following (expressed as knowledge, skills or abilities, KSA):
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of capabilities offered by IdPs such as Okta with expert-level ability to fully administer and troubleshoot all aspects of the platform.
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of capabilities offered through Zendesk & Google Workspace with expert-level ability to administer the platform and skill to continuously drive improvements to the service across the entire user base.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 with moderate ability to administer the platform
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and intermediate ability in usage of Postman to automate API tasks is a plus
- Strong ability to automate and scale solution development using command line scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell
- Working knowledge of standing up and managing AWS, GCP and/or Azure environments and basic skill in utilizing associated APIs as needed
- Basic knowledge and ability to provision and deprovision users in Slack, Box, JIRA and ZenDesk
- Knowledge and skill with use of Github (including Github Actions) and Git for software management and distribution
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices, with JIRA as an enabling platform, is required
- Some knowledge and intermediate ability in deployment and use of MDM (Workspace One) to manage endpoints such as iOS, Android, MacOS and/or Windows systems
- Deep knowledge, skills and abilities across the entire networking stack from Physical to Application layer in order to troubleshoot connectivity and access issues as they occur
A successful candidate will be a seasoned, growth-minded IT operations professional, with strong familiarity with best practices in systems and network administration, security, and troubleshooting, rooted in established service frameworks and practices such as ITIL. Furthermore, you should be very comfortable building, managing and maturing inclusive teams which are ready and capable of taking on the challenges of supporting a growing company.
To be clear, you won’t be doing this alone—you’ll have the full bearing of the sweetgreen support center and associated resources behind you to ensure that the entire enterprise This isn’t a job for firefighters or people who thrive on heroics or herculean efforts—this is a role for people who work best in steady-state conditions who know how to fight the occasional fire when it becomes necessary and will put protections in place to ensure the fire doesn’t occur again. You can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competence in this job. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to challenges with you, and grow together.
We’re looking for the steadfast leadership of someone who’s familiar with the breadth and depth of the work, but nobody hits the ground running. You won’t be able to answer every question immediately or know how all the systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. If you’re passionate about leading and developing people, that’s a great place to start.
We’re committed generalists, eager learners, conscientious workers, and curators of what’s essential. We’re quick to trust. We see things through. We’re kind to each other, look up to each other, and support each other. We reach for responsibility and hold ourselves accountable. We show up for work and for each other.
We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. And understand the value in others being heard. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to be counted on. We’re building our systems, our teams, and our company for the long haul, with a strong eye to other teams’ effectiveness & happiness, from design to support and operations. A healthy, resilient system starts with healthy, resilient people.
What You'll Get:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Flexible vacation days
- Complimentary sweetgreen restaurant credit
- Career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Sg swag and tenure rewards through our “shade of green” program
- Invitation to our annual Impact Retreat offsite
The Bigger Impact:
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, by growing them and making sweetgreen a better place to work for our teams
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
Come Join the Sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.