Restaurant Assistant ManagerApply Now
A Healthier Future Starts With You:
Every great team is led by a great leader. At sweetgreen, we call our Assistant Managers, Assistant Coaches. As an Assistant Coach, you will assist the Head Coach (GM) in day-to-day operations by building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
You will be responsible for running a successful restaurant by leading productive teams with a focus on exceptional customer service and delivering business results. Assistant Coaches will help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy meal together.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager/Assistant Coach to join our Folsom and Main location!
What You’ll Do:
These responsibilities highlight some of the key functions an Assistant Coach will perform. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessary.
People + Customer Experience
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with sweetgreen’s core values and culture
- Proactively hiring team members that embody the sweetgreen profile and have the ability to grow within the organization
- Clearly communicating team wins, priorities, best practices, and operational changes to deliver brilliant execution
- Addressing performance issues quickly and respectfully by coaching, counseling, and managing any conflicts
- Delivering memorable and exceptional customer experiences
Business + Systems
- Achieving store sales and financial objectives by removing any barriers to success
- Deploying labor that meets the needs of the business to provide great customer service experiences
- Executing on solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations
Food Journey + Safety
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently
- Maintaining food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution
- Have schedule flexibility to include availability for opening shifts, closing shifts, and weekends
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets
- Manual ability to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time
You must be able to perform the job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
What You’ve Got:
- 2-3+ years in a restaurant, retail, or hospitality management role
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and build an efficient team in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to make an impact on customers and team members
- A can-do work ethic and the ability to take initiative on projects
- Belief in and passion for sweetgreen’s mission, vision + core values
- Food Handler Certificate as required by city or state
What Perks You’ll Get:
- Bonus plan
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Vacation + wellness time
- Holiday premium pay
- Paid parental leave*
- Free healthy and delicious shift meal
- And much more…
*Depending on eligibility
Who We Are:
Sweetgreen is a plant-forward food company with a vision for a healthier tomorrow, and we're only just getting started. As we continue building, it's our priority to nurture talent from restaurants to our support center, so everyone can be part of the movement. And the best thing? When you join sweetgreen, you don't just grow your own future—you grow the planet's.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must, as a condition of employment, provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.