Senior Manager, Retail TechnologyApply Now
Senior Manager, Retail Technology
Sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 5500+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
This is a critical role with the responsibility of innovating, building, and delivering the Retail Technology solutions that power the four-walls of our restaurant. You will lead a Retail Technology team of System Engineers, Business Analysts, and Delivery Managers, who are the driving force behind all that technology. You will work closely with senior partners in Operations, Engineering, Growth, Engineering, Security, Finance and Legal to build and execute a strategic roadmap based on ROI.
- Partner to build and deliver an ROI-driven Retail Technology roadmap, at scale, with a focus on customer experience and leverage across channels.
- Accountable for strategy and architecture for all Retail technology including Point-of-Sale (POS), Kitchen Display System (KDS), Proprietary kitchenOS, Digital Menu board, Payment, Drive-Thru, Supporting tools and more
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of our Retail infrastructure and ecosystem.
- Provide technical direction for system engineers, network specialists, business systems analysts,QA, data analysts and more.
- Co-innovate with 3rd party providers and cross functional teams to unlock brand differentiating capabilities and store experience
- Oversee a team that manages menu/product/price data and integration with the POS
- Partner with Engineering leadership to leverage microservices, test automation, experimentation suites and QE at scale.
- Oversee platform releases, bug fixes and ongoing enhancements
- Build strong agile/nimble teams to deliver quality technology at speed.
- Partner with IT Helpdesk and guide a team of accountable SMEs for the entire Retail Technology space
- Drive production stability and reliability efforts throughout the year to prepare for peak volume days and key events
- Highly attentive and responsive to communication.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with retail technologies: Point-of-Sale (POS), Kitchen Display System (KDS), payment technology, digital menus and signage, production management, assembly line systems, NOC, device management, security video systems, sound systems, enterprise iPad solutions
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the food and beverage industry with a strong preference for experience for technology leadership in Quick Service Restaurants.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or related work experience 7+ years of experience managing a functional and technical team responsible for distributed computing systems and technology services
- Proven track record of developing new technology application infrastructure with a blend of homegrown and vendor solutions
- Experienced in the usage/administration of the following technologies: Solarwinds, Meraki Dashboard, Workspace One UEM, Windows Image Management and Deployment, Patch Management, Remote Desktop tools, Network troubleshooting tools (wireshark, inSSIDer)
- Experienced in API testing tools (i.e. Postman, SoapUI, Apigee)
- Demonstrate understanding of IT Service Management and industry-leading Governance models
- Demonstrate understanding of technology management framework and operating model
- Demonstrate understanding of distributed systems, IoT, Cloud
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, methodical rigor in processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be based in Los Angeles or willing to relocate
What you'll get:
- This role must be based in Los Angeles or willing to relocate (relocation assistance offered)
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Annual Base Salary Range is $170,000 - $215,000 (based on experience)
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.