Team Member - Garden City, NYApply Now
Come join sweetgreen's exciting new opening in Garden City, NY and grow with us!
Starting rate: $15.75 / hour
Applicants ages 16+ encouraged to apply!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Are you a team player who’s open to growing and learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry and want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
- A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options available for part time and full time Team Members
- Competitive wages
- Vacation + Wellness time*
- 5 month paid parental leave*
- Holiday Premium: hourly employees who work on an observed holiday will be paid 1.5x their hourly wage
*Depending on eligibility
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Service Team Member Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of front line, lobby, bathrooms + patio area, take out lobby trash, bus and clean tables and chairs. Restock utensils, napkins, beverage station, and bathrooms
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu to effectively communicate all ingredients to guests
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety and quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination on the front line
- Maintain knowledge of critical dietary information and demonstrate proper food handling
- Set up, maintain and break down front line area
- Operate POS register to complete customer transactions
- Greet guests, guide the customer journey, resolve guest issues and properly inform guests of cashless transactions + how our sweetgreen app works
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of online-ordering (OLO) pick-up area; organize OLO shelve, manage shelf life log and help guests locate their salads
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or Customer Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable customer service and a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- Ability to read and comprehend information at a close range at a close range, and follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and, stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Subject to exposure to cleaning chemicals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.