Restaurant ManagerApply Now
Be a part of something revolutionary!
** Garden City, Long Island New Restaurant Opening**
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food — we’re building healthier communities by connecting people with real food. Our food is delicious, healthy, and transparent, and we work with small + midsize farmers who think sustainability and grow great food.
Our Restaurant Assistant Managers (Assistant Coaches) lead our team members!
We call our Assistant Managers, Assistant Coaches. They are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our business, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique. Coaches help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating a family environment where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy meal together. We are looking for happy, humble, and hard-working people to join our growing team.
We strive to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but also our employees.
What you'll do:
Every great team is led by a great leader. You lead enthusiastically, with a focus on exceptional customer service and results. Your responsibilities include everything from mentoring team members to managing all front and back of house operations to architecting the ultimate customer experience. You are a quick thinker, a problem solver, a skilled communicator and a world-class motivator.
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with sweetgreen’s core values and culture.
- Proactively attracting, identifying, and hiring team members that embody the sweetgreen profile and have the ability to grow within the organization.
- Successfully and consistently communicating team wins, priorities, best practices and operational changes to deliver brilliant execution.
- Connecting with the local community by executing sweetgreen’s local marketing and community involvement initiatives.
- Serving as a role model for high quality, hands on, floor management - including effective deployment of labor to maximize throughput.
- Delivering store sales and financial objectives by removing any barriers to success.
- Scheduling daily labor requirements that meet the needs of the business and provide great customer service experiences
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently.
- Maintaining food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution.
- Addressing performance issues quickly and respectfully by coaching, counseling, and managing any conflicts.
- Contributing ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations.
**All employees hired on or after October 25, 2021 must provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination upon hire as a condition of employment, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted.
What you've got:
- 3+ years’ in a restaurant management role
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 25+ team members per shift
- A passion for food and restaurant operations
- Desire to make an impact on customers and team members.
- A can-do work ethic and the ability to take initiative on projects.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and build an efficient team in a fast pace environment. ● Ability to champion a strong understanding and appreciation of local and organic products, and reinforce this understanding to their team.
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values.
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as role model.
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods ○ High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + 15% bonus plan potential (based on sales + prime costs)
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Vacation + Wellness time
- 5 month paid parental leave*
- Pet Insurance
- Community Service Impact Hours
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Fund - an employee-donated pool of funds to support fellow sweetgreen employees in the event of unforeseen hardship
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Complimentary sweetgreen
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Free sweetgreen swag through our ‘Shades of Green’ tenure program
*depending on eligibility
Come live your sweetlife with us!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must as a condition of employment provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.