Software Engineering Manager, Kitchen AppsApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
At sweetgreen, we obsess over the Team Member experience. When our teams in our restaurants are supported strongly by technology, they have more time to dedicate to our valued customers. As an engineering team, we also obsess over the continuous improvement of our systems and strive to achieve a high-bar in engineering standards of excellence.
Sweetgreen is on a mission to connect people to real food. The Kitchen Apps Engineering Domain is tasked with building software systems that help achieve this by answering questions like:
- How do we instrument supply chains to deliver the highest quality local ingredients to our kitchens at their peak freshness?
- How do we prep ingredients throughout the day to meet the complexities of customer demand?
- How do we support our team members in the restaurants to be more efficient, allowing them to spend more time with our valued customers?
Answering most of these questions requires time series forecasting. Which is where the Kitchen Apps engineering team comes in. The Kitchen Apps team manager will work closely with the engineering team, Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to help guide the team to build full-stack solutions. Continuous improvement should be top of mind and the manager will be responsible to ensure those feedback loops are kept in place.
The Kitchen Apps team manager is expected to build a team driven by principles of engineering excellence that will support the growth of our kitchen application platforms. Working closely with other departments, the Kitchen Apps manager is responsible for the development and operation of all our custom built applications deployed within our restaurants.
- Manage a team of engineers in support of achieving results within your roadmap/portfolio. Own responsibility for their execution, performance, career progression, and morale as members of sweetgreen at large. Ensure their reputation and performance are reflective of the high standards for professionalism and excellence expected of sgTech engineers.
- Develop a strategy and deploy a complete operational model articulating all of the team’s responsibilities. This will require defining and deciding on projects, process, and technology updates to the current platform, as well as being implemented in a sequence of logical steps that allows sweetgreen to realize incremental value over the short term while maintaining high delivery velocity.
- Optimize resources within your span of control via a blend of people, process, technology, and data mechanisms. Ensure that business teams understand the full range of technical options available to them, educate teams on how to take advantage of these capabilities, and partner to drive decision-making and outcomes based on these capabilities.
- Develop and own forward-looking multi-year plan for leveraging data as an asset —via bespoke applications — with detail appropriate to the level of understanding for what will be required in meeting sweetgreen’s audacious goals. Maintain competitive research on best practices and leading vendor platforms, and have an opinion on how sweetgreen should leverage these and why. Communicate this on an ongoing basis to stakeholders at all levels.
You have solid fundamentals with product/program management. A strong track record of building teams and thoughtful work speaks volumes. You bring the following skills to the team:
- Inspirational leadership, team builder and team player.
- Strong experience in the areas of the restaurant back-of-house operations.
- Security first mindset when building software.
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodologies.
- Strong mentoring and team-building experience.
- Strong communication, and prioritization skills.
Engineering & Team Culture
We’re committed generalists, eager learners, emotionally intelligent, and curators of what’s essential. We’re skeptics, and constantly driving towards quantifying value or looking for the upside. We see things through. We reach for responsibility and hold ourselves accountable. We show up for the work and for each other. We want strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We’re ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.
Nurturing trust is part of the work. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We value people who can take a stand, yet commit even when they disagree. We understand the value in others being heard. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Our projects may end, but we’re in this for the long term.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.