Senior Systems EngineerApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a key member of a dynamic team of retail technologists who are the driving force behind the technology in operating our restaurants. Ready to disrupt the norm of the food service industry? This is an opportunity to be considered.
- Provides and leads the 24/7 level 2,3 support of critical systems in a rotating on-call environment; is an escalation point in incident resolution, leveraging pre-defined work instructions for issue remediation; leads investigation of root cause analysis for incidents; acts as an escalation point for provisioning scripts that require correction and/or consults on fulfillment methodologies relevant to retail systems; and engages with vendors where needed on complex incidents
- Assists in scoping, testing, and validating the execution on patching\updates for OS, firmware or software components, which could include hardware replacement coordination; provides guidance on bug fixes or critical updates that need to be applied urgently; and assists in coordination and implementation of such updates
- Participate in the design thinking process to build and sustain innovative solutions through research, evaluation, prototyping, and testing of technology components. Furthermore, this role will help implement solutions and provide ongoing technical support working together with a small team of systems engineers.
- Works on projects that include process components and not just sg systems, able to translate business requirements into technology solutions, and ability to influence others to collaborate towards a single design
- Senior level experience in negotiating within team, across domains, with business, and with third party vendors or systems
- Participates in collaboration with peers to resolve cross-domain infrastructure issues
- Effective in dealing with ambiguity
- Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems; software and hardware
- Audit and maintain homogeneous systems where possible at each of the 140+ restaurants
- Leads team meetings as wella s provides constructive input and perspectives to team’s conversation
- Receptive and responsive to coaching and guidance from leaders and more experienced engineers, seeks input and support as required, and begins working in an increasingly self-directed manner
- Effective interaction with others, responding quickly and thoroughly to issues and requests
- As requirements may change, supports needs in alignment with standard design and implementation patterns, and, as required, initiates POC with vendors on solutions that are spawned based on new needs (business, app or tech stack initiated); helps to outline support and sustainment model for service(s) being implemented; and provides guidance on implementation through the lens of operational sustainability
- Experience building and supporting technology in the restaurant industry
- POS, Payment, KDS, WFM, Inventory
- Comprehensive understanding of the credit payment processing a plus
- Experience building solutions involving
- Software, hardware, portable compute, network(wired, wireless), cloud, security, management, scalability, IoT
- Create detailed installation and support documentations
- Working knowledge of systems engineering tools
- Fundamental understanding of MBSE
- Able to produce Activity Diagram, EFFBD, FFBD, IDEF0, Sequence Diagram
- Working knowledge of utilities and management tools: scripting, app monitoring, log aggregation, device management, network analysis, security testing
- Working knowledge of team working tools
- Confluence, Jira, Slack, wiki
- Understanding and practice of systems thinking
Required Education and Experience:
- Foundational understanding of Information Systems or Systems Engineering through traditional academia or through work experience.
- A+ certification a plus
- 7 years of experience administrating/deploying/managing Microsoft OS, iOS
- 7 years of experience participating as an SE in product development
- Knowledge of PCs desktop/mobile and components/peripherals, network, digital signage/wall
At sweetgreen, our business evolves every day as do the solutions we invent to meet those emerging needs. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes.
We’re technology agnostic, but we have a propensity to leverage lean tools that are best suited to get the job done. To be successful in your role, you will have proven success in managing large scale distributed network ecosystem. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. You feel empowered by autonomy to prioritize projects within your program and are comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity.
We value, encourage, and support diversity in backgrounds and opinions. We are human, fallible, life-long learners - we make mistakes from which we learn and grow.
Our mission within retail systems is to create, operate, and continually improve upon software critical to the overall sweetgreen mission. We provide technical expertise, guidance, and vision to our partners and stakeholders in order to inform sustainable thinking across sweetgreen.
You and Us, Together
Together we’ll work to accomplish those measures of success. You’ll enjoy competitive pay + bonus, based on your performance and level of experience. You’ll take advantage of a comprehensive health, dental, vision insurance, and 401k plan. And you’ll recharge given flexible time off so that you can make the most of life and work, in harmony.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.