Senior Manager, Supply Chain OptimizationApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
As the Supply Chain Optimization Senior Manager, you will lead a mission driven supply chain planning and systems team, coach your team through rapid growth, and do this in the face of headwinds in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. The Supply Chain Optimization Senior Manager is responsible for building a pipeline of process innovation and systems solutions that either improves the brand+value of sweetgreen or drives efficiency gains within the supply chain via robust planning or sharpened analysis. The role requires managing a strong team, building new aspects of the function for scale, and presenting long term (3-5 year) strategies to effectively build and execute on a pipeline of supply. A responsibility of the Supply Chain Optimization Manager is to sync initiatives cross functionally to ensure that implementation is aligned with company priorities and delivered successfully. The Optimization Senior Manager is also responsible for incorporating any company/functional innovation into the supply chain’s overall road map.
The Supply Chain Optimization Manager has six key performance objectives:
- Transform and lead the process of matching supply and demand, including managing our forecasting and planning function, of ingredients for growth and scale
- Manage our Food Cost and COGS reporting and ingredient-level cost forecasting
- Provide Procurement and Logistics with solutions for cost efficiencies in order to meet or beat our Food Spend targets
- Redesign the Supply Chain risk model to periodically scorecard long-term ingredient level business risk variables, identify critical risk trends, and propose mitigation strategies
- Update our Supply Chain systems roadmap and advocate for the systems needed to scale our sustainable supply chain
- Manage select supplier programs connected to our sustainability efforts and controllable spend
In order to Win,Together the role requires cross-functional collaboration with Operations, Finance, Marketing, Digital, Culinary, Tech and IT, Food Safety and Quality, etc. to:
- Manage our cost, S&OP, planning, and systems strategies
- Balance art + science by interpreting cost and volume related data and explaining how it will affect the future state of our business
- Optimize our utilities, waste, and energy contracts
- Support Supply Chain technology and data pilot programs
- Collaborate cross functionally to deliver on financially related COGS goals
- Troubleshoot and react appropriately to issues affecting Optimization programs
- Uphold our commitment to building a more sustainable food system
- Obsess over the customer
- Champion a team first attitude ahead of individual accolades
- Have grit
- Value feedback of all types in an effort to evolve
- Hold proficient time management, task management, and project prioritization skills
- Ability to understand the mechanisms of our supply chain operations and propose a strategic path forward toward supply chain optimization, all while adopting competing priorities and emerging business needs
- Grow the Best Teams: Lead a team by example with a curious passion for learning
- Be known for honesty, integrity, self-awareness, and a solid work ethic
- Comfortable compiling, interpreting, and presenting the financial components of ingredient costs
- Have 5 to 10 years experience in Supply Chain Planning, Forecasting, Process & Systems Design, Supply Food Systems, Supply Chain Management and/or Sustainability
- 3+ years of management and team development of a innovative business function
- Familiarity and experience working with a broad array of Supply Chain SaaS providers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with technical background in Business, Mathematics, or Supply Chain related course of study. MBA preferred.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have experiences where you led the Supply Chain Optimization team (3 members), coached the team through the rapid growth, and did all of this in the face of headwinds in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Your leadership chops should include the ability to problem solve by uncovering root causes and connecting them to the long-term goals of an evolving Supply Chain model. Additionally, you will need to be a superb project and process senior manager, able to assess needs, prioritize appropriately, present analytical solutions, develop action plans, execute and measure results.
NOTE: Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area. Restaurant experience or similar industry, supporting a dynamic food supply chain is desired.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.