IT Operations SupervisorApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
sweetgreen needs an IT Operations Supervisor to drive and coordinate our efforts to keep our enterprise (digital restaurant, corporate and supply chain) systems safe, reliable, fast and responsive to the needs of our guests as we continue to build the future of food.
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising system administrators and project managers in supporting the day-to-day operations of enterprise application, hardware and network systems. You’ll be managing the IT Operations team including scheduling, staffing, indicator collection and communications.
You should expect to focus on the development and communication of scope, policies and procedures for the IT Operations Team with about half of your time spent rolling your sleeves up to help the team accomplish tasks and requirements as needed. Within the first six months of coming onboard, you will take on the following challenges:
- Create and manage a consistent, accurate enterprise hardware and software asset inventory
- Stand up and manage the company’s configuration control board (CCB), ensuring that all affected parties are made aware of and acknowledge the impact and timing of hardware and software upgrades
- Develop and implement hardware and software base configurations; ensure they are accessible, up to date and auditable
- Develop and implement a schedule for continuous patch management and device support
- Drive prioritization and completion of enterprise systems integration into our SSO solution
- Create mechanisms for continuous, automated trend identification and analysis and communicate the outcomes to key stakeholders through quarterly business reviews
- Curate and maintain relationships with vendors and key stakeholders
- Introduce standards and best practices for documentation, knowledge transfer and end user training
To enable your own success in these endeavors, you should possess some or all of the following (expressed as knowledge, skills or abilities, KSA):
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of capabilities offered by IdPs such as Okta with expert-level ability to fully administer and troubleshoot all aspects of the platform.
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of capabilities offered through Google Workspace with expert-level ability to administer the platform and skill to continuously drive improvements to the service across the entire user base.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft O365 with moderate ability to administer the platform
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and intermediate ability in usage of Postman to automate API tasks is a plus
- Strong ability to automate and scale solution development using command line scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell
- Working knowledge of standing up and managing AWS, GCP and/or Azure environments and basic skill in utilizing associated APIs as needed
- Basic knowledge and ability to provision and deprovision users in Slack, Box, JIRA and ZenDesk
- Knowledge and skill with use of Github (including Github Actions) and Git for software management and distribution
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices, with JIRA as an enabling platform, is required
- Some knowledge and intermediate ability in deployment and use of MDM (Workspace One) to manage endpoints such as iOS, Android, MacOS and/or Windows systems
- Deep knowledge, skills and abilities across the entire networking stack from Physical to Application layer in order to troubleshoot connectivity and access issues as they occur
A successful candidate will be a seasoned, growth-minded IT operations professional, with strong familiarity with best practices in systems and network administration, security, and troubleshooting, rooted in established service frameworks and practices such as ITIL. Furthermore, you should be very comfortable building, managing and maturing inclusive teams which are ready and capable of taking on the challenges of supporting a growing company.
To be clear, you won’t be doing this alone—you’ll have the full bearing of the sweetgreen support center and associated resources behind you to ensure that the entire enterprise This isn’t a job for firefighters or people who thrive on heroics or herculean efforts—this is a role for people who work best in steady-state conditions who know how to fight the occasional fire when it becomes necessary and will put protections in place to ensure the fire doesn’t occur again. You can expect to grow in your strengths, versatility, and competence in this job. You can expect an inclusive, eager team who’ll support you in it, rise to challenges with you, and grow together.
We’re looking for the steadfast leadership of someone who’s familiar with the breadth and depth of the work, but nobody hits the ground running. You won’t be able to answer every question immediately or know how all the systems work on day one, and we don’t expect you to. If you’re passionate about leading and developing people, that’s a great place to start.
We’re committed generalists, eager learners, conscientious workers, and curators of what’s essential. We’re quick to trust. We see things through. We’re kind to each other, look up to each other, and support each other. We reach for responsibility and hold ourselves accountable. We show up for the work and for each other.
We value people who can take a stand yet commit even when they disagree. And understand the value in others being heard. We subject ideas to rigorous consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of the work. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each others’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand. We’re in this for the long term.
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to be counted on. We’re building our systems, our teams, and our company for the long haul, with a strong eye to other teams’ effectiveness & happiness, from design to support and operations. A healthy, resilient system starts with a healthy, resilient people.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.