Area ManagerApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
The Area Leader has the following core responsibilities
- Developing internal succession plan and a deep bench of managers at all levels of store operations by developing head coaches and the ability to identify “raw” talent. Candidate will have a clear understanding of how to move capability and performance and a sense of urgency to do so.
- Developing and coaching an understanding of the sweetgreen profile and driving recruitment of high-potential internal and external talent.
- Driving continuous performance improvement focusing on leading indicators and established key metrics. Candidate will be balanced in their approach focusing on people, financial, and customer experience metrics equally.
- Meeting/exceeding annual P&L objectives with a primary focus on top-line sales, productivity, and production management.
- Driving top-line sales performance by fostering customer connections through community marketing, throughput and technology initiatives, new product launches and an in-depth merchandising mentality.
- Training, coaching, and inspiring all locations to deliver exceptional customer experiences and high quality culinary operations ensuring a commitment to sweetgreen’s operational policies and procedures.
- Leading head coach development both personally and professionally through goal setting, coaching and feedback, and an innate understanding of what makes people tick, always connecting development to improved performance.
- Developing strong cross-functional partnerships that ensure the right support is provided to the stores to improve performance and remove barriers to focusing on the customer, people, and results.
- Fostering a positive, team-oriented environment with a healthy competitive spirit that ensures the sharing of best practices and a commitment to goal achievement.
- Fostering and growing strong community connections within each restaurant neighborhood by leading head coaches to develop brand ambassadors and maximizing sweetgreen community-based programs.
About You (minimum requirements)
- Proven experience balancing focus on new store openings and existing business performance: can manage multiple projects, delegates freely with quality follow and drive new store support and project management.
- Strong communication skills that engage people in a genuine, authentic way. Proactively connects to the team to drive behavior and results.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and easily adapts and respond to change.
- 2+ years of experience in both front of house and back of house/kitchen operation management.
- Disciplined approach to priority setting with the ability to identify the root cause of store operations and people opportunities, and move quickly to improve performance.
- Demonstrated management of applicable restaurant regulatory areas, including: employee safety; HAACP; wage + hour; immigration; food safety.
- 5+ years of prior restaurant experience with 3+ years of multi-unit management.
- Proficient computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: high-energy, action oriented, self-motivated, positive and humble attitude, service-focused, flexible, fun-loving personality, and ethical with a high degree of integrity.
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values.
**All employees hired on or after October 25, 2021 must provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination upon hire as a condition of employment, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted.
About our sweetlife
- A passionate, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- Competitive pay and bonus plan – employees are rewarded for both personal and company-wide performance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our ‘shades of green’ program. And of course… complimentary fresh food from sweetgreen
sweetgreen is a seasonal fast-casual restaurant company on a mission to change the way people think about food. With a strong sense of passion and purpose, we’re working to revolutionize our industry and the food system. We make delicious, real food from scratch in our kitchens every day, which supports local farmers and helps us create authentic, meaningful connections with our guests.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.