Director of SGSC People TeamApply Now
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Note: Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area.
The SGSC People Team develops, leads, and executes talent strategies that support the organizational business strategy for the corporate teams at SG. The leader of this team has the ability to drive transformation and performance through our team members in a fast-paced corporate environment supporting our mission of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
We are looking for an experienced team leader with broad HR expertise, deep business partnering experience, and a strong track record of delivering complex/integrated talent strategies in a high-growth organization.
Our mission as a People Team is to obsess over the employee experience to enable sweetgreen employees to do the best work of their lives. To this end, you will lead an existing team and work cross-functionally to build and evolve our service level agreements with our internal employees.
In order to be considered as successful in this role, you will need to deliver on the following:
- SGSC People Team Development and Leadership: Lead and develop a team of professionals that specialize in business partnering, employee relations, and organizational development.
- Corporate Partnership and Leadership: Develop relationships with members of the executive leadership team in order to establish yourself as a trusted advisor/coach/consultant. From there, you’ll need to meet regularly to learn about their departments and growth opportunities so that you can support improving their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance, with the support of your People Business Partnership team. Additionally, establish yourself as an active contributor on the corporate leadership team by leveraging your credibility and business knowledge to contribute to overall business decisions in the SGSC.
- Business Partner: Provide business partnership to several business groups, embedding yourself within the business and acting as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
- Results Measurement: Leverage key KPIs to measure initiative adoption, effectiveness, and value for team members. A few examples are retention, employee engagement survey data, and internal talent pipeline.
- People Operations and Program Management: Oversee and lead key initiatives for the People team, providing project management expertise and demonstrating a strong ability to execute results and communicate clearly with key stakeholders. Serve as Chief of Staff for CPO.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll want to have experience leading and driving complex people strategy as a business partner in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Your humble and resilient leadership and collaboration should be top-notch as you’ll need to coach, develop, build trust and credibility with your cross-functional partners and with your direct team.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.