Workers Comp Claims SpecialistApply Now
The Workers Comp Claims Specialist will be a key member of the Risk Management + Asset Protection Team, responsible for timely + thoughtful claim management. We are looking for an experienced claims specialist, with a background in workers comp, expertise in mitigating exposure, and the desire to truly provide exceptional service to our injured workers. The caseload will vary from routine to mild to moderately complex claims.
- Manage the claims from the initial investigative phase, support of injured worker, through the resolution
- Lead decision making strategies for liability / compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements
- Work cross functionally to coordinate the insurance process, track claims, and report on metrics
- Work directly with injured workers, store leadership, people team, third party administrator, medical providers, attorneys, brokers, and consultants to actively manage claims, negotiate settlements and mitigate exposure
- Coordinate return-to-work efforts
- Create reports to support trend analysis on incidents to determine gaps and to lead the efforts in preventing future incidents
- Report accidents / injuries to state and national agencies, as required
- Manage information and record keeping systems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiencies with various systems including information/record keeping and dashboards
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area
- 5+ years experience with Workers Compensation claims, with knowledge of claims investigations techniques, legal liability, insurance coverage, negotiation skills, medical terminology and return-to-work strategies
- Experience managing adjusters and attorneys who are working litigated claims
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and across work groups
- Technical proficiency with various systems including dashboards and information/record keeping systems
- Spanish language communications is a plus
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.