Technical RecruiterApply Now
Reports to: Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition + Analytics
Our mission as a People Team is to obsess over the employee experience to enable sweetgreen employees to do the best work of their lives.
At sweetgreen, a Technical Recruiter is a self-sufficient sourcing, screening, submitting, and closing powerhouse with a passion for continuous improvement. All of this is done in partnership with their Talent Acquisition team and client group. They design and execute sourcing strategy and advise hiring teams on hiring strategy. Candidate experience is imperative as career advisor to top technical talent. Finally, they keep clean and compliant roles within the ATS enabling clean metrics and reporting.
The group you'll support - sweetgreen Technology (sgTech): Engineering, IT Operations. This group includes QA Engineers, Technical Program Managers, and UX Designers. Additionally, you may support roles from other departments as needed based on the team's requisition balance.
Top Goal - Within 30 days establish healthy pipelines for all open roles in sgTech and other departments as assigned.
These are the performance objectives we expect from a Technical Recruiter:
- Meet the People and Build the Relationships: By 15 days in seat, you will have conducted introductory meetings with each member of the following teams, People Leadership Team, Treehouse Talent Acquisition team, and the Technology Leadership Team. You’ll want to understand what’s important to each team member and how to work with them in your new role.
- Learn the Skillsets and Quality Bar: By day 15, during your initial meetings and in follow-ups, meet with each hiring manager with an open role in your portfolio to conduct an intake meeting, capturing the performance objectives for the role, confirming the selection process, and aligning on sourcing strategy.
- Learn the Process: By day 15, reviewed and gain self guided understanding of the hiring workflow and fundamental tasks in Greenhouse (our ATS). This will be validated by discussions with the Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition.
- How will you find them?: By day 45, define and execute your sourcing strategies to build high-quality candidate pipelines across the open roles in sgTech, while tracking prospects for future needs. In partnership with the Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition, you’ll design, commit to, and meet weekly throughput metrics so that you can reach and maintain a rate of 8 onsites (or virtual) per week.
- How will you close them?: Though you may close your first candidate within 14 days depending on the circumstances, by day 45 you will have finalized your negotiation and close approach that maximizes the non-monetary increase for candidates (greater scope, impact, and career growth) and modest increases in compensation. You’ll work with the Hiring Manager and People Business Partners to formulate offers within our pay bands, with support from the Sr. Manager of Talent Acquisition.
In order to be successful in this role, you will probably need to have a multi-year track record of success in self-sufficiently taking open-source software engineer searches from intake all the way to close, across multiple roles simultaneously. You’ll need a soft spot for technologists and understand their internal motivators. A mix of in-house and agency recruiting is ideal so you can bring the horsepower from the external search world and organizational lens from the in-house world.
Engineering Culture - Your Client Group’s Voice
We’re technology agnostic, but we have a propensity to leverage lean tools that are best suited to get the job done. Our most popular choices are Node and Ruby, and are often deployed to either a severless or container orchestrated platform. Our frontend clients leverage a variety of frameworks, including React. We try not to over index on the latest tech and to instead focus on the tools that allow for the greatest development experience, quality of work, and productivity.
We value, encourage, and support diversity in backgrounds and opinions. We are human, fallible, life-long learners - we make mistakes from which we learn and grow. We partner with Product, Design, Data, IT, Operations, and Business stakeholders in long-term ownership of the solutions we build to improve the lives of our customers.
Our mission within Engineering is to create, operate, and continually improve upon software critical to the overall sweetgreen mission.
Our sincere vision is to be a world-class engineering organization leading the food experience revolution.
Come Join the Sweetlife!
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.