Tax ManagerApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
The Tax Manager will be a key member of the Accounting Team, responsible for managing tax reporting, compliance, audits, optimization, and tax planning functions. You will also own the accuracy of tax returns and oversee all aspects of our tax obligations including income, provision, sales and use, property, withholding requirements, and other various taxes/fees.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's US (federal) quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures, including computation of book to tax differences, tracking of deferred taxes inventory, and supporting tasks related to ASC 740-10 (FIN48)
- Assist in the management of all aspects of income tax compliance including the preparation and timely filing of the consolidated federal income tax return including sales tax
- Assist in tax forecasts with multiple scenarios to aid planning and decision making
- Prepare quarterly income tax estimated and extensions
- Review fixed asset subledgers and tax depreciation
- Research tax issues, review legislative developments and evaluate the impact including tax reform
- Support in the management of tax audits
- Responsible for proper internal controls and record retention policies to comply with government regulations.
- Ensure compliance with personal property tax, use tax, withholding tax, 1099’s, business licenses and registrations, and other domestic requirements.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Capacity to project manage multiple complex activities at a high level of accuracy and accountability
- 8 plus years relevant tax and accounting experience. A combination of public and private experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with financial reporting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters in taxation preferred; CPA preferred.
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.