Senior Compensation AnalystApply Now
Role: Senior Compensation Analyst
Location: Treehouse Support Center - Los Angeles
About the role:
sweetgreen is looking for a Sr Compensation Analyst to assist with compensation strategy, design and execution
You will be an integral part of the Total Rewards team, at the front lines of designing and delivering compensation and equity programs to sweetgreen team members. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who is able to work on problems of diverse scope, conduct complex analyses and communicate effectively. You will also need a strong foundational understanding of data analysis, market pricing, job architecture development, and financial measures.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Calculate and communicate the quarterly field incentive plan for our Head Coaches (a.k.a. Store Managers), Area Leaders and Market Directors. Liaise with Finance, Food Safety, and the People team, to accurately and efficiently calculate the bonus. Create and distribute quarterly bonus statements. Create quarterly analytics to summarize payouts. Consult with the field operators and others to answer questions and evaluate the effectiveness of the plan. Recommend changes as necessary.
- Lead the delivery of the annual employee salary, bonus and equity program. Analyze market movement, recommend the salary increase budget, and cost the impact. Pull appropriate reports from the HRIS and other systems as needed. Load and prepare the administrative tool for deployment and manage it throughout the process. Roll up results and prepare data for performance calibration meetings. Ensure salary increases and bonuses are sent to payroll on time and accurately.
- Administer the employee equity program and support data collection through reporting. Run monthly equity reports to check for new hires to ensure new employee and promotional data has been entered correctly and that equity grants have been accounted for appropriately.
- Develop and maintain field hourly pay structures. Stay current with all minimum wage legislation. Maintain a database with all current information and escalate any issues immediately. Conduct hourly costing for structure reviews and annual operating plan. Conduct New Restaurant Opening (NRO) wage research and recommend start rates.
- Manage and maintain MarketPay and update with new surveys, structures and employee data. Participate in surveys as necessary. Market price jobs as needed. Remain up to date on market trends.
- Manage the employee data auditing process necessary for bonus and stock accruals to Finance in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consult with People Business Partners and managers to resolve compensation issues as they arise.
- Monitor and interpret FLSA and other international, federal, state and local laws regulating compliance for salary and pay policies
- Develop and deliver manager and employee training on new compensation programs. Develop communication materials. Support presentation deck development for decision making and communication projects.
About you: (minimum requirements)
- Five plus years of experience in HR, Finance, Accounting or other related field with a preference for experience in Compensation Analysis. Consulting experience is a plus.
- Two years experience with calculating incentive compensation
- Advanced analytical skills. Expert Excel skills with a focus on data integrity and accuracy. Excel skills include pivot tables, vlookups, creating formulas, managing large data sets for analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in accessing data from a database or HRIS, organizing the data into reports, analyzing the data and drawing conclusions to enable efficient decision making.
- Excellent attention to detail, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture
- Strong problem-solving, planning, and execution skills, including a desire to roll up sleeves to prioritize work, execute plans and meet deadlines
- Excellent auditing skills
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.