Team Member - Multiple DMV LocationsApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Are you a team player who’s open to growing and learning new things? Are you looking to break into the restaurant/service industry and want a job where you can get your hands dirty? Are you an individual who wants a job where you can be yourself?
A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
- A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
- Free sweetgreen gear and tenure rewards through our 'Shades of Green' program
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- Medical, Dental, & Vision plan options available for part time and full time Team Members
- Competitive wages
- Vacation + Wellness time*
- 5 month paid parental leave*
*Depending on eligibility
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Service Team Member Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness of front line, lobby, bathrooms + patio area, take out lobby trash, bus and clean tables and chairs. Restock utensils, napkins, beverage station, and bathrooms
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu to effectively communicate all ingredients to guests
- Ensure all food on the line meets food safety and quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination on the front line
- Maintain knowledge of critical dietary information and demonstrate proper food handling
- Set up, maintain and break down front line area
- Operate POS register to complete customer transactions
- Greet guests, guide the customer journey, resolve guest issues and properly inform guests of cashless transactions + how our sweetgreen app works
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of online-ordering (OLO) pick-up area; organize OLO shelve, manage shelf life log and help guests locate their salads
Kitchen Team Member Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Ensure all food meets food safety and quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line
- Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets
- Follow proper knife safety procedures
- Operate oven and hot prep equipment, ensure proper time/temp of all hot and cooked foods
- Operate fit-wash, robot coupe and all other cold prep equipment
- Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
- Set up and break down oven station, maintain clean and organized hot prep zone and equipment
- Manage communication between Service Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven and walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing salad menu + ingredients
- Put received orders away
- Food, Restaurant, Team and/or Customer Service experience
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable customer service and a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- Accountable in upholding high standards
- Ability to read and comprehend information at a close range at a close range, and follow instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets.
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and, stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Subject to exposure to cleaning chemicals
Come live the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.