Supply Chain Specialist - Perishable GoodsApply Now
Supply Chain Specialist - Perishable Goods
- Manage the last-mile distribution of perishable ingredients to restaurants regionally, including distributor management and resolution of service problems
- Streamline sweetgreen inbound and outbound inventories at the supply chain distribution level
- Support seasonal and core menu changes
- Maintain an average 30 minute first response rate for all supply chain related inquiries from restaurant operators
- Zero unexpected and unjustified obsolete inventory expenses within Supply Chain’s 2021 budget
- Maintain 98% monthly fill across all distributor partners; 100% fill on menu launch shipments
- Conduct an inventory risk assessment and develop a SKU-specific risk management plan and secure approval from the Logistics Manager.
How to Support our Stores and Increase our Supply Chain Transparency
Manage the last-mile distribution of our ingredients to restaurants regionally, including distributor management and resolution of service problems
- Provide regional support to restaurants by managing distributors and finding lasting solutions to service problems
- Develop relationships with head coaches and area leaders to provide best in class support for restaurant operations
- Proactively address distributor, product, and supply chain risks ensuring that the right products are in the right locations, at the right times, in the right quality and quantity, at the right price.
- Find the root cause of distribution problems to develop systemic process updates
Streamline sweetgreen inbound inventories at the supply chain distribution level
- Monitor inventories of proprietary perishable items across the national distribution landscape
- Compare current and inbound inventory levels against forecasts and actual sales to reduce supply risks
- Proactively solve for supply risks through implementing win, win, win solutions for internal and external partners
Support Seasonal and core menu changes
- Support the Value Chain team with seasonal source transitions at the distribution level
- Coordinate new seasonal changes with internal stakeholders and distributors
- Arrange force shipments for seasonal and core menu changes
Desired Traits & Experience
- Commitment to building a more sustainable food system and creating sustainable sourcing solutions for all key stakeholders: our customers, our community, our distributors, and our company
- Demonstrate strong creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong skills related to written and verbal communication, computer literacy, time management, working independently and ability to correctly prioritize multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience in procurement, distributor inventory/warehouse management and/or supply chain management
- Experience with ZenDesk and Arrowstream or similar softwares
- Prior experience managing vendors/distributor relationships strongly preferred
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.