Employee Benefits LeadApply Now
Role: Benefits Lead
Location: Treehouse HQ - Los Angeles
About the role:
sweetgreen is looking for a seasoned Benefits Lead to help administer sweetgreen’s benefit offerings. This person will play an integral role in the execution of our annual open enrollment process as well as reconciliation of all things benefits including 401k and ACA monthly measurements.
Working with our Total Rewards Team you will play a vital role in bringing the Total Rewards vision to life for our employees. You will be responsible for helping to create, implement and communicate benefits to employees. Internally you’ll also support periodic assessments of plan performance and conduct regular benefit audits and reconciliations.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Total Rewards team, at the front lines of designing and delivering benefits programs to sweetgreen team members. Our ideal candidate is a developing professional who is able to work on problems of diverse scope, conduct complex analyses and communicate effectively. You will also need a strong foundational understanding of health and welfare benefits, defined contribution plans and employee communications.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Administer Open Enrollment for annual benefits enrollment period
- Analyze benefit plan structure, including premium amounts for employee + employer contribution rates. Use benefits surveys to compare plans and ensure Sweetgreen plans are market competitive.
- Conduct benefit reconciliations to ensure that employee deductions are correct; monitor weekly exception reports from benefit carriers and 401k
- Escalate any issue related to the integration between the payroll system (Ultipro) and the benefits system and troubleshoot any enrollments issues with the carriers, etc
- Educate employees on sweetgreen benefit offerings and answer any questions they may have about the benefits.
- Complete ongoing regular weekly processing of Life Events and 401k contributions
- Conduct weekly tasks related to the separate suite of benefits for part-time employees, including submitting billing files and weekly census reporting
- Administer mid-year open enrollment for part-time benefits
- Handle required mailings including NMSN
- Administer company COBRA and ICHRA through our vendor partner, Igoe
- Provide supporting documentation for annual 401k Audit and assist in preparing for the 401k Governance Committee meetings.
- Support Workers Comp process with requested documentation as needed
- Accurately and efficiently process and distribute the 1095 C annually
- Monitor the ACA look back measurement period that determines benefits eligibility
- Support administrative tasks associated with benefits renewal, including requests for census data. Review communications and work with HUB to distribute communications
- Conduct regular reporting (BLS, EEO etc) Quarterly and Annually as required
- Administer the employee equity program and support data collection through reporting
- Run monthly equity reports to check for new hires to ensure new employee and promotional data has been entered correctly and that equity grants have been accounted for appropriately
- Manage benefit billing processes including reconciliation to ensure proper billing and monthly self bill process for applicable carriers.
About you: (minimum requirements)
- Two to three years of experience in administering health and welfare benefits. Experience with defined contribution program administration is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in accessing data from a database or HRIS, organizing the data into reports, analyzing the data and drawing conclusions to enable efficient decision making.
- Expertise in Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent auditing skills
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.