Sr. Business Intelligence EngineerApply Now
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
At sweetgreen, Senior Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) are trusted partners to business stakeholders and their teammates and play an important role in driving the collection, measurement, and usage of sweetgreen’s data to improve performance. Senior BIEs are responsible for delivering key insights via reports and analyses to power decision-making and operational execution.
70% of your work will be building out Sweetgreen’s field reporting suite to influence continuous operations improvement. You will...
- Work closely with Operations stakeholders to guide the process of scoping requirements, designing mockups, and defining KPIs.
- Communicate results and guide action through data visualization and deep-dives.
- Write SQL (Redshift, Snowflake) to clean, aggregate, and manipulate data. Use Airflow and python to automate your work.
- Partner with Data Engineering to align on data aggregation and data management needs
- Build Tableau dashboards to drive key insights and execution improvements
- Measure impact of reports and analyses via user feedback, follow-up analyses, and KPI movement; iterate to surface additional KPIs and insights in order to influence improvement
- Maintain data products by debugging, answering questions from the field and Treehouse, and refactoring scripts to reduce technical debt
30% of your work will be doing ad-hoc analyses and improving our data foundation. You will...
- Partner with Operations to strategize areas for improvement and what analyses could provide insights to support stronger execution and further our Operational Strategy
- Recommend improvements on key metrics to standardize across teams based on Sweetgreen’s data
- Collaborate with the Data Platform team on adding new data ingestion processes and building a data warehouse by validating business logic and influencing their data model
- 5+ years of working experience in business intelligence, data analytics, management/technology consulting, or a related field
- Customer-oriented attitude and ability to communicate data analyses and business processes with cross-functional teams
- Ability to translate opportunities for execution improvement and requests for data into the right KPIs, reports, charts, insights, alerts, etc. for the desired end users – ranging from business team, operations leaders, and restaurant management – to improve execution
- Strong SQL skills (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Ability to design and operationalize efficient data sources (data modeling, ETL, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python for data analysis and scheduling in Airflow
- Strong data visualization skills and experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Excel)
- Experience with Excel functions (VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to create efficient data manipulations, and to partner with other data stakeholders to deliver seamless data flow, fast end user load time, and minimal reporting downtime
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.