New Store Opening Coordinator - Los Angeles, CAApply Now
New Store Opening Coordinator - Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: NRO Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
As NRO Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the company’s rapid growth, responsible for supporting the new restaurant opening process on the ground. In this role, you'll work closely with the NRO Project Manager, Head Coach, Area leader, and Learning and Development Team to ensure all new restaurants are set up for success. The NRO Coordinator will guarantee visibility for the treehouse, accountability of cross-functional teams, and provide support for the restaurant teams. He/she will help the Head Coach with systems, processes and admin responsibilities, as well as pre-opening milestones - running turnover and restaurant setup, and closing out punch items. We'll also count on the NRO Coordinator to drive post-open evaluation and improvement of the NRO process, as well as ensure a smooth transition upon moving onto the next opening. The NRO Coordinator is based in one of our treehouse cities (New York or LA) and will report into the New Restaurant Opening Project Manager.
Core Work Activities
- Lead Communication: Central point of contact for 1-month period surrounding New Restaurant Openings. Manage logistics, vendor coordination and operations support
- Spend minimum 1 week onsite at each opening to serve as boots-on-the-ground cross functional team resource and operations support
- Protect Execution: Ensure sweetgreen NRO processes are executed. Participate in punch walk and turnover to complete pre-opening checklist and NRO turnover scorecard. Lead vendor coordination including receiving, returning and any additional ordering. Follow-up with vendors/cross functional treehouse teams if/when necessary
- Provide Support:
- Support NRO Project Manager, Area Leader, Head Coach and L&D team with logistics + scheduling
- Support head coach with pre-opening administrative duties, including, but not limited to office set up, hiring, and scheduling
- Help restaurant leadership understand and hit target metrics
- Evaluate Process: Report on NRO opening to include execution wins, opportunities, team member and customer experience improvements. Lead post mortem with cross functional teams to assess NRO success, identify opportunities for and drive continuous improvement in the NRO process
Requirements & Skills
- 2+ years in a restaurant management/leadership role, 1+ year NRO experience
- Resourceful, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Flexibility and ability to react professionally to changes in schedules and/or project direction
- Strong understanding of P&L statement, inventory management software (Compeat preferred), & scheduling tools (Crunchtime preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners to meet deliverables
- Proficient in Word, G Suite (google sheets, hangout, etc), and excel
Ability to travel frequently with flexible working hours. Travel time subject to change: approx 50% of the month.
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.