New Restaurant Opening (NRO) Training ManagerApply Now
Reports To: Senior Manager, Learning + Development
The New Restaurant Opening (NRO) Training Manager will own the enhancement of the NRO training process and development of NRO trainers in existing and future markets. They will ensure our teams are properly introduced to sg core values and are trained on technical processes, SOPs and service standards.
We are looking for a leader that can manage the logistics and develop a team of in-market trainers, partner with the Regional Training Partners to support all people and training needs in between openings, and manage the logistics post turnover to ensure successful restaurant openings.
The NRO Training Manager must be comfortable working cross-functionally with all levels of leadership at sweetgreen and juggling different projects in between openings.
What You’ll Do
Process Management + Development
- Lead the process for developing and selecting Certified NRO Head Coaches + Trainers
- Ensure Area Leaders, Head Coaches and NRO Trainers are versed in specific core restaurant opening training skills
- Evolve NRO training content in partnership with other members of the Learning and Development team
- Audit materials to ensure compliance with evolving SOPs and new restaurant formats
- Conduct post-training restaurant opening evaluations to assess the effectiveness of training; iterate or drive cross-functional improvements accordingly
- Manage the pre-opening budget to ensure all costs are in line with target
Leadership + Culture
- Provide feedback, leadership coaching and development for Area Leaders, Head Coaches and Trainers so they are equipped to do their part in an NRO
- Partner with the MDs, ALs and PBPs to identify and develop high potential talent development opportunities for the team
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the NRO processes
- Support new initiatives and projects focused on operational excellence as we continue to expand our national footprint
- Partner with the NRO Project Management team to ensure timelines are met and people impacts are communicated clearly to all stakeholders
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 3+ years in a restaurant management/leadership role, 2+ years NRO experience, 1+ years in project management
- Resourceful, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Proven to be adaptable and professional when to changes in schedules and/or project direction occurs
- Strong understanding of P&L statement, inventory management software (Compeat preferred), & scheduling tools (Crunchtime preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative to problem solve
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners to meet deliverables
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership to protect the brand
- Proficient in Word, G Suite (google sheets, hangout, etc), and excel
- Ability to travel frequently with flexible working hours
- Full-time, salaried position
- Travel time subject to change: approx 50% of the month
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.