Supply Chain Optimization ManagerApply Now
Supply Chain Optimization Manager
Culver City, CA - Concept Team
Reports to: Vice President of Supply Chain & Sustainability
As the Supply Chain Optimization Manager, you will lead a mission driven supply chain planning and analytics team, coach your team through rapid growth, and do this in the face of headwinds in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. The Supply Chain Optimization Manager is responsible for building a pipeline of innovation and analytical solutions that either improves the brand+value of sweetgreen or drives efficiency gains within the supply chain. Within the scope of this work is researching, planning, piloting, and implementing new systems within the sweetgreen supply chain. The role requires short term project management skills and long term (3-5 year) vision to effectively build and execute on a pipeline of innovation. A responsibility of the Supply Chain Optimization Manager is to sync initiatives cross functionally to ensure that implementation is aligned with company priorities and delivered successfully. The Optimization Manager is also responsible for incorporating any company/functional innovation into the supply chain’s overall road map.
The Supply Chain Optimization Manager has five key performance objectives:
- Manage the supply-side forecasting and planning of ingredients, including ingredient level risk monitoring
- Design and support the implementation of a transparent, digitized inventory management system, including ingredient level data accuracy
- Own Food Cost and COGS analysis as well as periodic company-wide COGS reporting
- Continuously improve Supply Chain’s Project Management and Tech tools
- Lead Supply Chain R&D projects
The Supply Chain Optimization Manager will assess each opportunity and help prioritize initiatives based on impact, risk and cost.
The role is cross-functional and requires collaboration with Operations, LIT, Digital, Tech and IT, Food Safety and Quality, etc. to:
- Vet new initiatives, technologies, and companies
- Build objectives and pilot KPIs
- Create and manage project timelines
- Lead Supply Chain technology and innovation pilot programs
- Collaborate cross functionally to deliver on pilot and implementation goals
- Troubleshoot and react appropriately to issues affecting Optimization programs
- Compile and measure pilot KPIs
- Assess the success and feasibility of pilot programs and report to broader organization
- Plan for commercialization/implementation or program end of life
- Liaison to Project Management and full commercialization
- Uphold a commitment to building a more sustainable food system
- Champion a team first attitude ahead of individual accolades
- Value feedback of all types in an effort to evolve
- Hold proficient time management, task management, and project prioritization skills
- Lead by example with a continuous passion for learning
- Be known for honesty, integrity, self-awareness, and a solid work ethic
- Comfortable compiling, interpreting, and presenting the financial components of ingredient costs
- Have 3 to 6 years experience in Supply Chain Planning, Forecasting, Process & Systems Design, Supply Food Systems, Supply Chain Management and/or Sustainability
- Familiarity and experience working with a broad array of Supply Chain SaaS providers
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with technical background in Business, Mathematics, or Supply Chain related course of study
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have experiences where you led the Supply Chain Optimization team (3 members), coached the team through the rapid growth, and did all of this in the face of headwinds in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Your leadership chops should include the ability to problem solve by uncovering root causes and connecting them to the long-term goals of an evolving Supply Chain model. Additionally, you will need to be a superb project and process manager, able to assess needs, prioritize appropriately, present analytical solutions, develop action plans, execute and measure results.
NOTE: Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area. Restaurant experience or similar industry, supporting a dynamic food supply chain is desired.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.