Copywriter - Brand + SocialApply Now
Copywriter, Brand + Social
Location: Culver City/Remote
About the role
Sweetgreen is looking for a social, brand, and content obsessed writer to help bring our creative vision + brand narrative to life. The Copywriter, Brand + Social will play an integral role in the execution of marketing communications and social content to support a range of initiatives for our rapidly growing, mission-driven, storytelling-focused company.
Working alongside our creative, social, and marketing teams, you will play a pivotal role in the brand storytelling and creative vision of sweetgreen. You will be responsible for helping to create engaging + timely social, editorial, and marketing content that builds our brand, increases awareness and consumer engagement, and celebrates the many facets of our dynamic company, from supply chain to seasonal menu to social impact. We’re looking for a digital storyteller — someone who embraces the unexpected, speaks in fluent meme, and inspires and educates our customers through inviting, clever, and purposeful language.
In this role, you will create copy for social platforms, email marketing, and paid media channels. Our ideal candidate is fanatically tuned into culture, food, and internet trends, and skilled in creating engaging digital (and the occasional print) content that connects with social audiences. You will also need a deep understanding of social platforms — including Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and TikTok — along with instinctive storytelling skills.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Create and deliver a range of cross-platform work, including: in-store, marketing, branded, in-app, organic and paid social media content
- Execute copy that cuts through the noise, elevates the customer experience, and tells a strong brand story connected to our menu and mission
- Proactively concept and create original social content, from captivating captions and IG stories that integrate copy with native tools, to video treatments and new content franchise ideas.
- An experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise, delight and engage with viewers.
- A concise writer who is able to inhabit the voice, tone and character of each channel, interacting with the community and the larger cultural conversation.
About you: (minimum requirements)
- 3-5 years experience in digital copywriting or social media, ideally in the food or direct-to-consumer industry
- Brand-centered portfolio showcasing knowledge of social copy, campaign work, and digital brand storytelling
- A deep understanding of social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok.
- Passion for language, well-timed puns, and emojis and infographics alike
- Can write for a variety of outputs with dynamic, flexible voice
- Team player who thrives on communication and collaboration
- Can drive ideation and execution based on data and business objectives
- A self-starter with a constant desire to improve + remain innovative in an ever-evolving marketplace
- You’re positive, solution-oriented and flexible
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.