Senior Manager, Learning + DevelopmentApply Now
Senior Manager, Learning + Development
Culver City, CA - People Team
Reports To: VP of People, Field
The Senior Manager, Learning + Development will be a key member of the People Leadership Team, responsible for the learning and development strategy at sweetgreen. They will lead a team that designs and delivers training programs, enhance current technology and adopt solutions to help us scale as we continue to grow exponentially. The Senior Manager, Learning + Development will oversee learning for all of our teams including: New Restaurant Training (NRO), Field and Treehouse (our HQ) Leadership Development and Team Member learning tracks for our field and corporate teams.
We are looking for a seasoned Learning and Development leader, with a background in the restaurant industry. Someone that also possesses a deep understanding of tech company culture, DE&I initiatives, expertise in establishing enterprise learning and development strategies, and the desire to truly innovate as an industry leader in this space.
What You’ll Do
Leadership + Development
- Design and execute effective people strategies for developing talent to build our bench and future leaders in our restaurants and at our corporate offices
- Manage, mentor, coach, and grow learning team members
- Build strong and trusting departmental and cross-functional relationships to support a culture where leadership capabilities are built at every level
- Own the New Restaurant Opening (NRO) training strategy in partnership with the Field Operations leadership team
- Establish innovative learning strategies to improve upon the diversity and strength of our talent
- Create and manage a company-wide learning budget
- Empower employees, managers, and leaders to feel ownership over their career and personal growth through impactful programming and delivery of self-serve resources
- Anticipate and prepare for future skills requirements for our field and store employees, including understanding the impact of technology, both in how our teammates learn and how they conduct their work
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Operations team to ensure internal development programs and bench planning goals are met
- Design and develop research-based curricula for customized training programs
- Partner with Head of DEI & Social Impact to build best DEI learning strategies and experiences that meet people where they are and bring them forward on their journey
- Utilize business insights and trends in reporting to inform learning strategies to improve retention, career development progression and engagement
- Partner with HR Operations to leverage data, dashboards, & data visualization tools to evaluate development processes and ensure all diversity targets are met
- Define, track and analyze people metrics and develop practical tracking and reporting methods to monitor and improve performance, establish goals/ KPIs to drive success
- Conduct assessments & evaluations of team members and training outcomes.
- Devise and implement a clear and consistent learning assessment model to measure results short term and long term
- Assess current state, design the strategy, and direct the implementation and evaluation of innovative and scalable learning solutions which support organizational goals
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of experience in leading a learning and development function (e.g., instructional design, LMS, behavioral change practices, delivering value metrics), including field, restaurant and corporate experience
- Organizational development expertise to inform recommendations and decision-making
- Ability to navigate complexity and successfully lead change initiatives
- Experience in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, and quickly building trust with teams and leaders
- Natural problem solver who gains energy from creating solutions
- Multi-task and manage more than one cross-functional and mission-critical project at one time
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, and senior leadership
- A superb project and program manager, able set a vision, prioritize appropriately, develop action plans, execute and measure results
- A strong communicator, skilled in inspiring a team to deliver high-impact work amidst shifting priorities
- A business partner, obsessed with the employee experience and able to translate organizational needs into integrated learning and development solutions
- Deep understanding of restaurant operations and management of hourly employees (e.g., field management, training, and/or leadership in a fast-casual or full-service restaurant)
- Travel in market and out of market a minimum of 25% of the time
- Experience setting up and maintaining a Learning Management System (preferred)
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.