Restaurant General ManagerApply Now
2021 Special Bonus
All restaurant employees with a start date on or before December 6th, 2021 and who are continuously employed through January 30th, 2022 are eligible for a one-time Special Bonus. Ask your Recruiter for additional information.
Be a part of something revolutionary!
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food — we’re building healthier communities by connecting people with real food. Our food is delicious, healthy, and transparent, and we work with small + midsize farmers who think sustainability and grow great food.
Our General Managers are the Head Coaches of our teams!
We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, and we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development. There’s a reason we call it a “head coach” and not a “general manager” – we’re inspired by John Wooden’s approach to leadership.
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at sweetgreen. We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to lead our new Denver stores!
Every day in our stores, our teams make real food from scratch — you’ll oversee a full-service BOH operation, as well as a quick-service FOH model. The head coach is the anchor of the store — you’re an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver, a skilled communicator and a motivator.
What you’ll do:
Here at sweetgreen, we have 6 core values — they embody our culture, spirit and dedication to doing what’s right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, and help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. And they’re the lens through which you’ll build a successful business.
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Win Win Win: Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably: Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Keep it Real: Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch: Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day.
- Make an Impact: Inspire your team, owning your business, and architecting customer service experiences across all touch points
- Live the Sweetlife: Celebrate your passion and your purpose.
What you’ve got:
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 25+ team members per shift
- P&L, COGS, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Labor/Scheduling, Training & Team Development, Quality Focus
- Experience in Food Safety + Planning
- Regional Manager’s Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay + 20% bonus plan potential (based on sales + prime costs)
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Vacation + Wellness time
- 5 month paid parental leave*
- Stock options
- Company paid Life, STD + LTD Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Community Service Impact Hours
- Commuter Benefits
- Family Fund - an employee-donated pool of funds to support fellow sweetgreen employees in the event of unforeseen hardship
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Complimentary sweetgreen
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Free sweetgreen swag through our ‘Shades of Green’ tenure program
*depending on eligibility
- $65k+ base salary based on experience
Come live your sweetlife with us!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.