Real Estate ManagerApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Real Estate Manager will play a critical role in driving market strategy and growth. This individual will have the responsibility of leading new store expansion from site selection, approvals, lease executions and lease administration and will serve as the internal expert on real estate, representing and driving the expansion strategy externally with brokers and landlords.
- Strategic Real Estate Planning: Responsible for the development and execution strategies for market/submarket/trade area assessment and site selection process, utilizing analytical frameworks and on the ground insights.
- Pipeline Ownership: Accountable for the generation of target lists with respect to active market analysis, conducting market tours, managing external relationships to secure new sites and driving a deal pipeline that achieves sweetgreen’s market level growth goals, focuses on sweetgreen’s target consumer and brand sequencing and delivers against established financial targets and requirements.
- Broker Management: Responsible for the establishment and oversight of a high quality, productive and brand aligned broker network for the purposes of driving efficient, high quality real estate pipeline.
- Deal Making: Accountable for managing sweetgreen’s network and relationships, site selection and negotiation of LOI terms and leases with landlords for deals, manage internal review and real estate committee approval process and oversee lease execution and management.
- Process Innovation: Responsible for the organization, modification and creation of new working real estate operating processes, procedures and programs to ensure efficiency.
- Market Expert: Accountable for keeping current on market conditions in assigned territory to include knowledge of all competitive changes in market area and understanding the primary differences between the competitors within the market.
- Strong executive presence, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, relationship building, organizational and influencing skills.
- Ability to minimize risk, strategize, create, and execute growth plans.
- Adept as amassing resources and organizing/creating new working processes and programs to ensure efficiency
- Proven people manager who can lead, drive and motivate direct/indirect resources.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values.
- The ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation at sweetgreen.
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model.
- Ability to travel for up to 75% of work schedule
- Passion for organization and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects.
- Excellent management skills to ensure work gets done effectively.
- Personal characteristics reflective of sweetgreen: a can-do forward-thinking attitude, high-energy, self- motivated, positive, service-oriented, flexible, fun-loving, and ethical with a high degree of integrity.
- Strong collaborative partner to the business.
- Minimum 7+ years as a Real Estate Manager (or related) in the retail/hospitality environment or at a large restaurant chain company/multi-unit restaurant.
- Must have a solid broker network (i.e. premium real estate) and background.
- Successful experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Must have expertise in analytical decision-making and strong, hands-on, operating and deal-making skills.
- Knowledge of basic real estate, construction and related terms, timelines, principles, and functions.
- Experience in negotiating and documenting real estate contracts.
- Prior experience working with Real Estate project management/tracking enterprise systems (e.g. Accruent)
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in fast paced, complex business environment.
What you'll get:
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.