Senior Technical Program Manager - Menu (San Diego)Apply Now
Senior Technical Program Manager - Menu
At sweetgreen, a Technical Program Manager (TPM) is more than a scrum master. They are trusted squad members responsible for owning, defining, managing large scale, cross-functional, technical programs. You will oversee a program domain as the delivery lead, liaising between business, engineering, and other organizational stakeholders. You will be chiefly accountable for the on-time delivery of technical programs within your domain. You will succeed by anticipating bottlenecks, managing escalations, evaluating trade-off decisions, and working with Product Managers to balance business priorities vs technical constraints.
The appropriate candidate will have an accomplished career in managing large scale technical programs, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results closely partnering with multiple engineering orgs. You should have proficiency with Agile methodologies, and have experience introducing Agile processes to new teams and organizations. you should be able to demonstrate solution architecture experience in infrastructure, database, and/or networking of highly available applications at scale.
You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment. You feel empowered by autonomy to prioritize projects within your program and are comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity. You can evaluate your program at a high level as a cross dependent piece in a dynamic environment. At a moment’s notice, you’re comfortable moving from high-level strategy discussions to individual contributions through diving deep to get things done.
Top Goal - Within 6 months of start, oversee the shipping of features that ensure sweetgreen customers can view and order products as quickly, accurately, and efficiently as possible. Your program domain is focused on the end-to-end availability, and usability of content-rich, contextual, consumer-facing digital menus, across all touchpoints and ordering channels. The domain builds and retains a differentiating sense of trust and intimacy with sweetgreen’s digital customers by empowering them to make inspired, informed, conscious, and confident eating choices and connecting them to the digital representation of sweetgreen’s Food Ethos.
- Map the Existing System: Products and ingredients flow through many systems before making it to our menu. In your first two weeks, you’ll have developed a deep understanding of the system flow by reviewing the existing system design and documentation. By day 21, you will have contributed to those areas that need additional documentation from a program management perspective in JIRA, Confluence, and elsewhere.
- Hit the Ground Running: Within 30 days, conduct a high-level end-to-end solution, risk, and dependency analysis. Work with Product to understand the user needs and the Menu engineering squad to understand their solution approach. You will deploy the program management ceremonies by which you expect work to be managed and comply with the overarching guidance for reporting progress against delivery.
- Lead the Technical Implementation: By day 45-60, you will be actively contributing and leading where appropriate on ship dates, trade off discussions, risk mitigation, architecture, infrastructure, database, and/or networking of highly available applications at scale. In partnership with Product Management and Lead Software Engineers, you’ll hold yourself accountable to the dates that you committed to for completing feature work.
- Documentation: In order to ease future teammate onboarding and knowledge sharing of complex services while mitigating the risk of tribal knowledge, within 90 days in seat, you’ll contribute to our established information architecture within Confluence and put a plan in place to realize 100% documentation of the systems you own.
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management role. Ideally a mix of startup + bigger company, but what matters is what you have done.
- Proven experience designing complicated distributed systems and solution architecture, ideally with AWS
- Culture of ownership, collaboration, and results within blended corporate and partner teams
- Track record of delivering in partnership with engineering teams
- Passionate about food. Ideally, you know what you eat, and you realize how important it is to connect people and communities to real food. Both for people and for the planet.
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.