National Head of Real Estate (Sr. Director)Apply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The National Head of Real Estate (Sr. Director) will be a key member of the Store Development Real Estate team and will be responsible for managing the company's NROs (New Restaurant Openings), Relocation, and lease renewal portfolio activities and be part of the Store Development leadership team with counterparts in Strategy, Design, Construction, and Facilities Management. This position will report directly to the sweetgreen Chief Development Officer (CDO) and will lead Real Estate acquisition activities while also managing internal Store Development real estate resources (direct reports of 2-3 Directors of Real Estate) to meet corporate 3 year plan objectives while driving the team to negotiate the most favorable business terms for sweetgreen. Typical deal structure are 10 year lease terms, and the Real Estate Team works in conjunction with sweetgreen's external real estate vendors along with both inside and outside legal departments to accomplish expedited deal timing and appropriate terms.
This person must have an extensive real estate background regarding market knowledge and differing deal types and transaction methods. Comprehensive market strategy, acquisition, and deal management experience is required to assist field operations with business development and real estate needs. Previous direct report experience and team management capabilities are a requirement. Additional responsibilities include: managing financial & team performance, budget adherence, reporting and real estate outcomes.
- Manage internal and external real estate partnerships including leading site approval, coordinating lease execution process, managing cycle time efficiencies, and ensuring that all areas of the center development process undergo appropriate review.
- Work closely with the operations to accomplish the goals and objectives and strategic plans.
- Analyze and make business recommendations on real estate trends and portfolio conditions.
- Ensure that appropriate steps are taken to anticipate and correct any unsatisfactory operating results and vendor relationships.
- Oversee the preparation of reports to all levels of the organization such as BOD, Senior Management, and monthly metrics.
- Assist with training and education of analysts, real estate managers, operational leadership and executive leadership.
- Work with real estate vendors, developers and landlords in process focused on ideal outcomes.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; Master's Degree (MBA) preferred.
- A minimum of ten plus years of corporate real estate experience required, coupled with three to five years as a tenant broker representative or portfolio manager. Development experience preferred.
- Business management including financial, operational, compliance and organizational responsibilities.
- Wide ranging multi-state real estate experience and market knowledge required.
- Demonstrated management skills to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate the efforts of professionals.
- Ability to analyze the market and the competition, develop competitive strategies and recommend action plans.
- Strategic ability to think through and partner with operations to deliver capital optimized real estate solutions.
- Real Estate Broker's License (Active and in good standing) - preferred.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.