DevOps EngineerApply Now
Software Engineer - DevOps
Who we are
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
A Software Engineer is responsible for building, testing, debugging/troubleshooting, infrastructure for both native and web applications. They share responsibilities regarding infrastructure, and take the lead on continuous integration and deployment, as well as driving standards with Technical Architects and the rest of the department.
It is expected that an Engineer will promote strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, service oriented design, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
- Documenting and diligently recording of the current and future state of platform infrastructure as code
- Collaborate with engineers focused on application development as well as the entire team
- Security by design and policies and code when possible
- Calls for and implements CI/CD in all projects
- Continually audits console and programmatic access to all vendors
- Disposable, decoupled architectures
- Microservice design and construction
- Adheres to 12 factor services design
- Monitoring and logging
- Profiling to discover and iterate on application or schematic bottlenecks
- Practices collective code ownership
- A proven leader with regards to new techniques to coding practices
- Shows an enthusiasm for learning from others as well as teaching others
- Adheres to best engineering practices on a daily basis, takes ownership and ensures quality with the whole team
- Drives best engineering practices
- 5+ years developing and leading large-scale technology initiatives.
- A degree in computer science, or related is field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages and the ability to propose alternative solutions.
- Thorough grasp of best practices across all focus in technology. Client, server, automation, deployment, QA, and project management.
- Expert-level knowledge in modern web development practices, especially those relating to service design.
- Expert-level knowledge of the entirety of AWS’ offering.
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand relating market trends.
- Strong problem solving, communication and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to take control of their own schedule to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- Experience building applications and websites for world recognized brands where load and scale have been a focus.
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.