DevOps Engineering Manager (Los Angeles/Orange County/San Diego)Apply Now
DevOps Engineering Manager
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
From an engineering perspective, it implies designing, building and operating a large scale distributed system that serves sweetgreen’s community and food ethos. A wide variety of applications are necessary, from mobile applications for ordering food and finding restaurants, to data intensive applications for predicting the optimal amount of ingredients to be used at each cooking location, the spectrum of technologies you will use and systems you will build at goes far and wide.
DevOps at sweetgreen is in charge of enabling engineering teams to own the complete software development life cycle of the services they produce. DevOps design, maintain, share best practices and frameworks related to continuous deployment, logging and monitoring, configuration management. More broadly, DevOps owns all infrastructure services related to availability, performance, change management, and emergency response.
As a DevOps Software Engineering Manager (SEM), you are responsible for hiring, coaching, and establishing individual goals for your team members. You establish and own team goals to continuously improve the system, increase its resilience and efficiency. You have a deep technical understanding of the operating platform, you are able to work with product teams and other stakeholders to map requirements to a sustainable infrastructure solution. You also work with other engineering teams to establish the SDLC, develop architectural solutions, and drive operational excellence.
- 3+ years experience leading a software engineering team
- 5+ years leading and developing large-scale technology initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in system operation and automation
- Ability to coach, mentor, and guide people in their careers
- Expert-level knowledge in modern web and mobile development practices, especially those relating to service design, cloud computing, containerization and automation
- Expertise in creating, designing, and critiquing complex software systems
- Thorough grasp of best practices across many technical disciplines (client, server, automation, deployment, QA, and project management)
- History of adapting and refactoring legacy software systems
- Advanced understanding of the SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Advanced understanding of AWS
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages and their applicability to a given problem space
- A strong desire to experiment with bleeding edge technology and understand related market trends
- Strong problem solving, communication, and negotiating skills
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.