Senior Manager, Kitchen OperationsApply Now
Senior Manager, Kitchen Operations
The Senior Manager of Kitchen Operations will drive the development of a scalable sweetgreen operating model in line with our mission of connecting people to real food. This role will lead initiatives to improve the back of house team member experience and streamline managerial functions, while delivering an innovative menu and consistent food quality. In the Ops Services department, this Senior Manager will own cross-functional partnerships with our Culinary, Supply Chain, Food Safety, Facilities, and R&D teams.
More of What You'll Do:
- Kitchen Engineering:
- Identify, test, and implement enhancements in back of house processes, equipment, tools, and storage based on menu mix in order to create most efficient and sustainable restaurant operations and enable sweetgreen menu expansion objectives while executing to food safety and personal safety requirements.
- Partner with Supply Chain to optimize ingredients, vendors, and packaging to improve cost of goods and reflect changes in operations tools.
- Collaborate with Store Development R&D on back of house needs and building design and models as menu and channels expand.
- Recipe Operations and Validation:
- Co-author recipes with Culinary to ensure consistency of direction and execution.
- Refine process to validate yield, to minimize waste, and to improve consistency
- Participate in Culinary R&D process and verify the operational feasibility of innovative menu options.
- Inventory Management:
- Own the inventory management system, streamlining product lifecycle (from purchasing to prep to reporting) and simplifying COGS management for operators.
- Operations Training:
- Advise on kitchen Team Member and Restaurant Management training opportunities
- Build strategy for training for new menu rollouts, food safety standards, and supply chain changes both fleetwide or by market, including an integrated testing program
- Crisis Management:
- Partner to develop Supply Chain resilience through the creation of a secondary spec program inclusive of alternate recipes, in anticipation of crises (extreme weather, natural disasters, FBI outbreaks, factors affecting crop yield and distribution) and to maintain supply chain transparency
- Food Safety Evolution:
- Partner with Food Safety team to improve food safety and personal safety processes and minimize food safety risks
- Reducing existing operational complexity to create a scalable operating model
- Drive process improvements across the fleet to ensure safe execution
- Project and Program Evaluation:
- Be the feedback mechanism through both in restaurant analysis and using available data to guide operations decisions on prep and line execution, purchasing, and inventory management
- Preferred 4-year degree in restaurant management, business administration, operations management or like field
- 5+ years of experience restaurant and/or kitchen operations working directly with key stakeholders such as culinary, supply chain, operations, food safety, technology, and ops leadership
- Strong penchant for technology and operations; ability to actively engage in sweetgreen’s technology group
- Advanced restaurant operations knowledge primarily in one with strong kitchen operations function
- Strong depth of knowledge for kitchen equipment and supplies, and experience with a large vendor network
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems (e.g. NetChef Enterprise)
- Highly analytical approach to problem solving using both qualitative and quantitative data; natural curiosity and desire for continuous improvement.
- Advanced MS suite user with Excel mastery and Google suite of apps
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to persuade stakeholders with sound analysis and combined expertise
- Service minded approach to the work being highly sensitive to the needs operations
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.