Procurement Manager, Packaging & RetailApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Our Food + Beverage team is looking for a Packaging + Retail Procurement Manager
The Packaging & Retail Manager has 5 main responsibilities:
- Supply Chain: Building and maintaining a robust and transparent packaging supply chain including but not limited to coordinating with all suppliers to ensure adequate supply, quality and pricing on all items.
- Product: All forms of Paper and Packaging Innovation – including new product packaging to support sweetgreen’s growth and values.
- Brand: Coordinating with our Brand / Marketing Teams to ensure our brand comes through on all packaging including managing production runs and distribution of specific branded materials.
- Sustainability: Being a subject matter expert on current and future sustainability issues surrounding disposables, materiality, single use containers, packaging materials etc.
- Waste: Managing end of life waste streams inside and after they leave our operations.
Some Expected 2020 Deliverables
- Lead the rollout of custom packaging solutions for new menu offerings, concept through to distribution.
- Maintain timelines of current packaging projects and innovation involving materiality and domestic production.
- Eliminate at least two bioplastic SKUs to a more sustainable material that works operationally.
- Launch a more sustainable single use glove program nationally.
- Manage the project of an expanded, Food Ethos driven bottled beverage program fleetwide.
- Four years of Supply Chain management including vendor relationship management with suppliers and distributors, sourcing new products and suppliers, spec creation, price and inventory management.
- Strong quality and price negotiation skills, including the ability to intuitively seek creative win, win, win outcomes.
- Involvement in food packaging innovation: creation of custom products or improvement of product quality standards.
- Ownership of sustainability assessments or improvements to sustainability programs.
- Extensive work in a cross functional environment, collaborating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Multiple examples of formal project management ownership.
- Third party sustainable packaging certification criteria.
- Current and upcoming packaging legislation by municipalities.
- Commitment to building a more sustainable food system
- Positive, team-first attitude
- Insatiable curiosity
- Ability to seek and receive all types of feedback
- Comfortable compiling, interpreting, and presenting the financial components of strategic sourcing
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to transparently manage timelines
- Resilient and resourceful
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.