New Restaurant Opening (NRO) RecruiterApply Now
Market/New Restaurant Opening (NRO) Recruiter
As a member of the sweetgreen Talent Acquisition Team, you will serve as the recruiter for your respective markets helping to find the most talented team members to begin a career at sweetgreen. You will help to ensure that we have the right strategies and processes in place to ensure that our new restaurants are set up for staffing success. You will provide on the ground support to bring our hourly recruitment strategy to life. This means you strategically build relationships, have an eye for talent, and enjoy getting creative to find the best people in your area. Your role is critical to fueling the growth of our company by identifying hourly talent to join our team.
You’ll partner with Area Leaders (Multi-Unit Managers) and Head Coaches (Restaurant General Managers) to plan and execute the hiring strategy for the stores under your care. Additionally, you’ll work with the Head of Talent Acquisition and Team Lead for Field Talent Acquisition to implement process and system improvements as needed to support your hiring efforts.
What You’ll Do
NRO Talent Planning
- Understand, prioritize and proactively execute hiring needs for the new stores by engaging in market research and partnering with the larger NRO team to track timelines and bodies of work
- Attend NRO meetings to stay up to date on NRO progress and work to ensure the NRO calendar is managed
- Gather grassroots intelligence for compensation analysis in new markets (Conduct market analysis prior to NRO and recommend wage and recruiting strategy
- Attend NRO Cross-Functional Meetings to understand the hiring needs of each restaurant
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Area Leaders and Head Coaches to understand their unique needs and/or challenges typical for their market stores
- Support Head Coaches with streamlined communication and a seamless full-cycle recruitment process (from submitting hiring needs to hire) at the store level
- Maintain and provide reporting over your market(s) as required
- Partner with leadership to forecast future needs
- Understand the local talent pool and identify any market-specific traits and challenges to attract top talent for all hourly Team Member roles
- Gain a deep understanding of each market’s culture and guide hiring decisions to foster a positive culture
- Utilize reporting to understand trends in 90-day turnover, spot regions or stores with potential recruiting problems and adjust hiring accordingly
- Find, connect and build relationships with community partners that can support the candidate pipeline in terms of quantity and quality
- Plan recurring recruiting events with strong partners that can be executed by the Area Leaders or Head Coaches
- Utilize employment branding to advocate for sweetgreen both digitally and physically, in the local talent community
- Ensure all stores are staffed prior to orientation and transition recruiting and through NRO ramp period
- Train NRO hiring managers (Head Coach (General Manager) + Assistant Coach (Assistant General Manager)) to interview, hire, and track new applicants with special focus on to conducting informational, engaging and culture focused interviews to allow all applicants to feel the core values
- Maintain frequent + organized communication by responding to all applications
- Screen and invite qualified applicants to attend scheduled interview times
- Organize, utilize, and maintain our ATS system (Greenhouse) as our markets grows and any approved job boards for communication, scheduling and reporting purposes
- Ensure screening and interviewing practices are aligned with company policy and compliance laws
- Ensure smooth transition for all new hires from recruiting to in-store experience. including but not limited to i9 support, onboarding training + support
Required Experience + Traits
- 1-year track record of successful management of multiple NRO hiring projects
Desired Experience + Traits
- 3+ years experience with full-cycle recruiting
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), HRIS systems, job board, social media, and recruitment technology experience
- Detail-Oriented: you must be able to ensure every step in the recruitment process is done consistently, including updating reports and managing the ATS, while juggling multiple positions
- Prior experience tracking and leveraging hiring market trends to inform recruitment strategies
- Flexible Communication Style: ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all different types and levels of Hiring Managers
- Warm and Outgoing Personality: you will often be a candidate’s first impression of sweetgreen! You must be welcoming and excited when attracting talent about our opportunities
- Problem-Solving Orientation: you will need to be able to identify the root-cause of issues in order to identify the right solutions.
- Results driven – motivated by a challenge
- Prior experience recruiting for a start-up or rapidly-growing organization
- Restaurant, hospitality, or retail company experience
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.