Food Safety Manager - EastApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Food Safety Manager is responsible for providing food safety and quality leadership and instruction to all Sweetgreen locations on the East Coast (except NY). The position drives food safety and quality at a local level and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures and third-party audit standards. This role is Boston based.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree; preference will be given to candidates with degrees in Food Science, Microbiology, Biological Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in food safety, preferably in QSR environment.
- Food safety experience in restaurants preferred.
- Proven leader with experience influencing across an organization, gains satisfaction when sharing knowledge, coaching, developing, motivating.
- Knowledge and understanding of pathogens and microbes associated with food production and food microbiological testing.
- Knowledge of HACCP, SOP’s, and government/industry food safety and quality regulations, codes, and standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety principles, root cause analysis strategies, and continuous process improvement.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Team player who demonstrates initiative and integrity while being able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to travel (max 70% of time).
- Partner with operators to drive performance improvement for all sweetgreen locations on the East Coast (except NY).
- Facilitate shop leadership training in food safety principles and sg SOPs.
- Provide food safety support to operators to deliver world class standards in the restaurants and ensure compliance with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State, and Local).
- Maintain open communication with all departments to address the identification of food safety and quality issues and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage the third party audit program for the restaurants, evaluate performance and drive improvements through the operation.
- Review reports regarding regulatory, customer, internal and third party audits, sanitation violations, customer complaints, pest control, temperature monitoring and ensure corrective actions completed and recorded on a timely basis.
- Collect, trend, and analyze food safety and quality performance and prepare reports to evaluate the local unit’s compliance and overall performance.
- Keep up to date with government regulations, industry best practices and food safety and quality advancements.
- Develop relationship with local health departments and provide guidance to operators regarding violations and requests.
- Project manage development of SOPs, training materials, crisis management.
- Project manage food safety initiatives from concept through to launch.
- Provide food safety guidance for store design, store development and refits.
- Provide training and support for new restaurants openings.
- Manage pest control for market, working with operators and facilities to fix issues.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.