VP/General Manager of NYCApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen’s operations team is seeking a VP/General Manager, NYC. As the VP/General Manager, of NYC, you will lead multiple teams focusing on operational excellence across 30+ restaurants in our highest volume market. You will be responsible for developing a team that is accountable for driving operational excellence in a high growth, highly competitive landscape.
The right person for this role is a proven operations, marketing, and human resource leader with experience influencing multiple departments across an organization, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction by leading a complex business, then this role is for you!
What you’ll do
- Be the CEO of the market, develop, implement, and execute the retail restaurant strategy for the company in the NYC market.
- Create and manage the budget, COGS, labor, and other financial measures of the division. Monitor and forecast revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Manage and analyze all food and beverage Profit & Loss statements, reviewing month-end division financial allocations and reports.
- Drive the implementation of company strategies by coaching, motivating, and supporting the store management teams; ensuring there is strong adoption of and understanding of company objectives, vision, and values.
- Build on the Company’s strong mission to inspire and strengthen a culture focused on excellence in food quality, service to the customer, and sustainability.
- Drive 4-wall EBITDA while elevating the team member experience and enhancing the customer experience through multiple consumer channels.
- Implement a Talent Development system that will enable you to: attract, recruit, retain, and develop talent to fuel the company's growth.
- Create a culture of Caring and Food Safety that’s accretive to the brand.
- Developed and led a cross-functional leadership team that’s fanatical about people development, customer service, and operational excellence.
- Develop & support recruiting strategies to proactively address an increasingly competitive landscape in the broader employment market for hospitality positions.
- Build a learning culture by encouraging operational leaders to develop top talent by providing on the job training and coaching.
- Elevate the brand, through the development and implementation of social media programs and initiatives.
- Leverage our technology platform and digital capabilities to enhance our team member journey and customer experience.
- Establish an operational system and processes to drive excellence across the market.
- Implement and oversee processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable national, state, and local employee relations regulations and laws on an optimal cost basis.
- Strong knowledge of market competition with a focus on gaining market share.
- Manage and provide expertise to a very complex and localized supply chain organization; drive continuous improvement and leverage process discipline, tools, and systems to measure and improve quality, safety, service/delivery, and cost of goods sold.
Desired Experience + Traits
- 10+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment. NYC experience preferred.
- International experience is highly desired
- Excellent knowledge of food and kitchen operations
- Guest oriented and service-minded
- Strong problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess high energy and excellent coaching skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make immediate independent judgment decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience is required
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.