Lead Business Intelligence Engineer - Marketing (Los Angeles)Apply Now
Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
What You'll Do
At sweetgreen, a Lead Business Intelligence Engineer is more than a data analyst. They are trusted partners to business stakeholders and their teammates and play an important role in driving the collection, measurement, and usage of sweetgreen’s data. Lead BI Engineers are responsible for delivering key insights and reporting that powers decision-making throughout the business. They act as advisors to stakeholders, leadership, and team members on our roadmap, new measurement techniques and analyses, and surfacing self-service data sets. Bottomline, they ensure that our business teams are empowered to take action against data. Help us to keep moving the needle!
Successful Lead BI Engineers have the opportunity to continue to grow at sweetgreen, with advancement through management or individual contributor career tracks.
Top Goal: Within 1 year, build the reporting, tools, and analytical foundation for best-in-class, data-driven operations, surfacing actionable insights across departments and identifying key opportunities to improve our business both externally and internally.
- Drive Improvements
- Within 30-45 days, you will identify opportunity areas to expand our reporting and analytics capabilities within your business domain to achieve company goals and monitor performance.
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with other departments (e.g. Operations, Finance, Digital Product, Marketing) to identify and prioritize key areas for cross-functional improvement.
- Develop a strong partnership with business stakeholders
- Within 60 days, you will enable diverse business partners to understand and leverage data for their needs. You’ll develop a deep understanding of how our data is used throughout the organization and how to leverage that data via reporting, analysis, and insights to reduce friction for stakeholders in answering the questions that they care about.
- You’ll also become familiar with our internal support systems and their data, identifying key areas for improved performance.
- Own reporting and analytics for your domain
- Within 120 days, you will take full ownership of reporting and analyses, their underlying data sources & ETLs, and self-service data tables for your domain. You will work closely with stakeholders and leadership to define and implement a reporting and analytics roadmap for your domain.
- You’ll also build reporting for and deliver insights on our internal support systems, empowering key internal stakeholders to measure our performance on improvement initiatives in these areas.
- Raise the Bar
- You’ll identify pain points for sweetgreen customers and business processes, provide data informed recommendations, and work alongside business operators to drive improvements that allow our data to scale.
- You’ll create new KPIs, build analytical solutions, and recommend new data sources, allowing the business to analyze performance and action on it in new and different ways.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, etc.)
- 6-8 years of working experience in business intelligence, data analytics, data science, management/technology consulting, or a related field
- Customer-oriented attitude and ability to communicate data analyses and business processes with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional relationship building & communication skills, particularly at a senior leadership level
- Experience managing BI projects with multiple supporting resources
- Expert SQL skills (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Expert ability to design and operationalize efficient data sources (data modeling, ETL, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to tell a compelling and actionable story with data
- Expert data visualization skills and experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Excel)
- Extensive experience with building analytical solutions, KPI development, business analysis, and statistical modeling
- Experience with Python for data analysis and scheduling in Airflow
- Experience with Excel functions (VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH)
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.