Enterprise Data Warehouse ArchitectApply Now
Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect
Who We Are
At sweetgreen, an EDW Architect is more than a data engineer. They are trusted technology partners that design, develop, and maintain the data architecture and standards that power business intelligence and self-service analytics. Working closely with Software Engineering Managers, DevOps, and Business Intelligence, they champion designs that facilitate the work of their teams and our business as a whole.
Success depends on balancing their schedules to implement their designs alongside their peers as well as performing as a hands-on senior contributor as our team grows.
Top Goal - within one year, deliver and continually improve upon the sweetgreen nextgen EDW in Snowflake - including an updated data model, ingest frameworks, and semantic/reporting layers for approximately 5 of sweetgreen’s most critical data domains (e.g. sales, customer, inventory). To accomplish this, you will work with Business Intelligence and Technology teams to ensure the models for these data domains are finely calibrated for reporting and self-service analytics, while also iteratively delivering value over time.
- Hit the Ground Running: Within 30 days, you will be actively contributing to the minimum viable product (MVP) for sweetgreen’s nextgen EDW in Snowflake. This includes taking the torch from recent positive improvements to the EDW, and working in tandem with the Business Intelligence team to migrate core reporting from decentralized data sources to a centrally managed reporting/semantic layer in Snowflake.
- Empower Speed and Accuracy: Within 60 days, you will empower both fast lane and core ingest methods for porting and modeling data within the EDW, driving refreshed reporting and self-service analytics. This will require defining multiple ELT/ETL paths with rationale for each based on complexity, data models, security, and prioritized reporting.
- Develop Core EDW Practices: Within 90 days, you will own and aggressively drive forward your architectural designs and management practices for sweetgreen’s nextgen EDW in Snowflake. This plan includes DevOps and Cybersecurity approved Identity and Access Management practices, as well as the approach for decommissioning “uncertified” data in legacy data stores.
- Enable Ongoing Management: After 120 days, you will be actively driving all architecture and delivery for EDW updates and management. This includes concepts such as setting up resource monitors, role-based access controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning, zero copy cloning, and Snowflake time travel. You will build and guide processes to support efficient data transformation, data structures, metadata/data dictionaries, and workload management.
- Raise The Bar: At sweetgreen, we dedicate a portion of our attention to matters that may not be immediately customer facing, and instead allow for us to work smarter, faster, or simply reduce friction in the analytics experience. You’ll own the EDW’s specific backlog that is focused on operational excellence, and are expected to produce and evangelize this work across teams.
- Experience with modern data platforms (e.g. AWS, Snowflake, SQL, Airflow, Python)
- Experience with business analysis, statistical modeling, presenting insights via visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and collaborate through constructive teamwork.
- Knowledge and experience with AGILE methodology
- Experience supporting retail or large scale restaurant operations is a HUGE plus, given our unique industry and customer engagement model
- Not afraid to constructively provide new solutions to the team
- Strong understanding of best practices relating to frontend architecture
- A strong desire to experiment with technology and understand relating market trends
- Strong problem solving, communication, and creative skills
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.