QA DirectorApply Now
Quality Assurance Director
Who We Are
At sweetgreen, Quality Assurance is more than a stop on the way to shipping a technology product. QA analysts and engineers are trusted squad members that safeguard the experience for our award winning digital ordering platform. We believe that pursuit of quality technology is a discipline and ongoing commitment, and application of this mindset demands excellence from our teams and our business as a whole.
We are seeking a QA Director to ensure that the growth of our technology platforms and evolution of our digital experiences is supported by principles for engineering excellence. Working closely with other Engineering, Product, and Program leaders, the QA Director will own QA analysis and engineering, and be expected to build a team that will support
- Top Goal - Within six months, deploy a complete operational methodology for transforming sweetgreen’s automated QA testing strategy. This will require people, process, and technology updates to our organization to be successful, as well as being implemented in a sequence of logical steps that allows sweetgreen to realize incremental value over the short term while maintaining high delivery velocity.
- Map the Existing System + Org - A guest order flows through many systems before making it to our customers. In your first two weeks, you’ll develop an initial understanding of the order lifecycle by reviewing the existing system design and documentation. QA plays a role in the current state of ensuring that our order lifecycle is performant, and how our QA teams ensure excellence before shipping features that continuously improve this experience for our customers.
- Collaboratively Design and Evaluate Alternatives - Within 30 days, conduct an end-to-end needs analysis for the organization, processes, and systems that you own. Work with Engineering, Product, and Program leadership to understand their needs and your team actionable and iterative solutions. Create technical design documents (TDDs) that propose incremental solutions. Work with Lead Engineers and Software Engineering Managers to fold your updates to the QA lifecycle into their ways of working, with a specific focus on scalability and sustainability.
- Lead the Technical Implementation - By day 90, you will spend 50-75% of your time leading the technical production of the solutions with our team of engineers and personally building APIs for your solution. The primary focus of the technical development effort will be to assume ownership over the customer relationship platform. Your work will include presenting your own pull requests and reviewing others. In partnership with Product and Technical Program Management you’ll hold yourself accountable to the dates that you committed to, completing feature work in your first sprint.
- Documentation - In order to optimize future teammate onboarding, debugging, and knowledge sharing of complex services while mitigating the risk of tribal knowledge, within 30 days in seat, you’ll contribute to our established information architecture within Confluence and put a plan in place to realize 100% documentation of the systems you own.
- 5+ years of hands on management experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge across quality assurance methodologies
- Experience and ability to manage high growth teams through collaboration and accountability
- Experience managing multiple requirements across different teams
- Ability to speak comfortably across the organization at multiple levels
- Effective communicator with desire to understand and empower individuals
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
At sweetgreen we are focused on building a great experience for our customers and we look to constantly enhance that through empowerment of our teams to build innovative solutions. We believe that it’s a mix of individual skill and collaboration that leads to successful outcomes. There is no standard definition of what an Engineer is or does, and depending on where you’re coming from things might look a little different.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.