VP of Operations, NYCApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 4000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen’s operations team is seeking a VP of Operations, NYC. As the VP of Operations, NYC, you will lead a team focused on operational excellence across 30+ restaurants. You will be responsible for developing a team accountable for driving operational excellence in a high growth, highly competitive landscape.
The right person for this role is a proven operations leader with experience influencing across an organization, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for him/herself, and is adept at developing talent. If you are someone who thrives in a critical leadership position and gains personal satisfaction through delivering excellence through operations, then this role is for you!
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the short and long-term strategies of the organization through a review of business practices, and lead the development of an innovative, highly competent operations team that is in alignment with those strategies.
- Establish and monitor meaningful metrics to track operational and leadership effectiveness as well as the impact of programmatic efforts.
- Build, lead and grow a strong operations leadership team that is innovative, driven and commercially minded. Provide one-on-one coaching to leadership to help resolve problems, strengthen their leadership skills and solidify cultural values.
- Monitor and manage performance to ensure adherence to all service standards, sanitation standards, and productivity standards.
- Set clear expectations and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities for individuals throughout the ops function.
- Create and manage the budget, COGS, labor and other financial measures of the division. Monitor and forecast revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis. Manage and analyze all food and beverage Profit & Loss statements, reviewing month end division financial allocations and reports.
- Implement and oversee processes to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable national, state, and local employee relations regulations and laws on an optimal cost basis.
- Create and oversee practices that ensure each team member clearly understands and is held accountable for their respective performance expectations.
- Evaluate leader performance and provide appropriate guidance and/or recognition.
- Ensure effective engagement with Market Directors and Area Leaders and consistent flow of information in both directions to reinforce a culture of collaboration, trust and open communication.
- Support recruiting strategies to proactively address an increasingly competitive landscape in the broader employment market for hospitality positions.
- Evaluate and oversee onboarding efforts to ensure newly hired team members understand expectations, are trained properly and set up for success.
- Build a learning culture by encouraging operational leaders to develop top talent by providing on the job training and support.
- Excellent knowledge of food and kitchen operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build an F&B team
- Ability to train, coach and develop F&B leadership
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices
- Guest oriented and service minded
- Strong problem solving and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess high energy and excellent coaching skills
- Must possess analytical skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make immediate independent judgment decisions What you’ll bring to the table
What you'll bring to that table
- 10+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required.
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience is required.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.