Senior Financial AnalystApply Now
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
The Senior Financial Analyst role within the Financial Planning & Analysis department is a newly created role, developed to help support the rapid growth of the organization. The SFA will report to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis with strategic support on enhancing financial modeling as well as identifying opportunities to support new growth channels of the business. This role will aid in advancing financial reporting as well as modeling within current enterprise performance management systems. Sweetgreen is seeking a dynamic individual with experience in communicating effectively across multiples channels of a large organization. This position will have solid visibility to senior leadership with the opportunity to collaborate on a range of projects.
- Create quarterly operations forecasts while identifying areas for process improvement as well as overall efficiencies to enhance accuracy and timeliness.
- Partner with Ops to understand the performance and assist with questions or ad-hoc support.
- Conduct variance analysis between actual and forecast, plan and prior year. Develop clear and thorough reports that highlight key drivers of the business.
- Assist with company roll-up process for quarterly forecasts and annual operating plan.
- Elevate level of reporting for store labor performance.
- Oversee COGS forecasting for the company and produce thoughtful reports and summaries highlighting monthly performance.
- Develop clear and insightful commentary to be shared with leadership team.
- Support Operations Area Leaders and head coaches in areas of forecasting, P&L reviews, and restaurant performance.
- Create meaningful and insightful period-end P&L reports that detail key variances in the areas of sales, cost of goods sold, and labor. Complete special projects, as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in similar corporate finance role, preferably in multi-store/omni-channel business model.
- Restaurant industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex financial information.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced & team-oriented environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and recognize irregular patterns in financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Eg. Host Analytics, Tableau, Compeat, SQL, ERP/EPM experience).
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Established financial modeling skills.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance.
- Health, dental + vision insurance.
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony.
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food.
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose.
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back.
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.
- Free sweetgreen swag.
- Complimentary sweetgreen.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.