Restaurant General ManagerApply Now
Come build a better food system and help people grow!
sweetgreen is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. We’re building healthier communities by connecting people to real food with great service and genuine human connection. We make our food from scratch every day. Using produce delivered that morning, grown by small + midsize farmers who think sustainably (just like us!).
What you’ll do:
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at sweetgreen. We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to lead our locations in and around Boston.
Every day in our stores, we make real food from scratch — you’ll oversee a full-service BOH operation, with a quick-service FOH model. The GM/Head Coach is the anchor of the store — you’re an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver, a skilled communicator, and a motivator.
What it’s like here:
We want your time at sweetgreen to be transformative. We pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development. There’s a reason we call it a “Head Coach” in the stores rather than a “General Manager” – we’re inspired by former UCLA Men’s Basketball Coach John Wooden’s approach to leadership: “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.”
At sweetgreen, we have 6 core values — they embody our culture, spirit and dedication to doing what’s right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, and help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. They’re the lens through which you’ll build a successful business.
- Win Win Win: Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably: Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Keep it Real: Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch: Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day.
- Make an Impact: Inspire your team, own your business, and architect customer service experiences across all touch points
- Live the Sweetlife: Celebrate your passion and your purpose, and always be growing
What you’ve got:
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 25+ team members per shift
- Experience in managing P&L and COGS, developing budgets, financial planning and strategy, decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, labor management/scheduling, training & team development, and food quality assurance
- Experience in ensuring safe food handling at a large scale
- Regional Manager’s Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get:
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on sales, labor + food costs
- Our annual Impact Retreat—a company-wide offsite to celebrate our wins, share best practices, build a stronger team, and compete in a pretty intense talent show
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Free sweetgreen swag through our Shades of Green tenure program
- And of course, complimentary sweetgreen
Come live your sweetlife with us!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
A FEW SWEET PERKS
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
All fields with an * are required.